Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Screenshot_2024-01-31_105520.jpg

Still can't believe that people tried to hold up this line to protect 5 trees. The absolute insanity.
What was the point of bringing this up, other than to reignite a year old flame war?

It was of course never about 5 trees, but a larger conversation about the sanctity of public spaces vs. whether it was necessary to overbuild this particular station entrance, and about the shady and unchecked way in which Metrolinx do things.

I will not be speaking further on this topic and this is my last statement on it, but if you're going to dredge up the past, the least you could do is forgo low information populist soundbites and try to bring some facts into the discussion.

The newly fenced off demolition area around Pape station is pretty jarring. Taking out a block on the Danforth, taking out a block on Eaton, taking out a block on Lipton, and also taking out a block on Gertrude. It's going to be a strange void for the next decade-ish. I assume there's some kind of a cunning plan involved to flip the megaproperty after the line is built, because otherwise it seems like too large an area for an intersection of two lines with no turns and no bus terminal expansion

The newly fenced off demolition area around Pape station is pretty jarring. Taking out a block on the Danforth, taking out a block on Eaton, taking out a block on Lipton, and also taking out a block on Gertrude. It's going to be a strange void for the next decade-ish. I assume there's some kind of a cunning plan involved to flip the megaproperty after the line is built, because otherwise it seems like too large an area for an intersection of two lines with no turns and no bus terminal expansion
IO is already working on TOC for these two blocks. Here's a link: https://www.infrastructureontario.ca/en/what-we-do/projectssearch/pape-transit-oriented-community/

The block is going to serve as the TBM launch site, which is why it's so land intensive.

Metrolinx is generally trying to avoid a repeat of the Crosstown as well and is building most of the OL stations outside of the street right of way, so they are expropriating a lot more land as they need it for the station boxes. All th land has development plans following construction as well.

Back