Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

That's a great post. I would just be a little cautious about "no matter the concrete cost" being used an excuse to overbuild everything (which I am sure is not what you meant). A specific example to me is Eglinton West. I think it will be decades before the sunk carbon in that money hole is paid back if ever.

That's a great post. I would just be a little cautious about "no matter the concrete cost" being used an excuse to overbuild everything (which I am sure is not what you meant). A specific example to me is Eglinton West. I think it will be decades before the sunk carbon in that money hole is paid back if ever.
Definitely better to overbuild a tunnel though. Better to avoid or prolong instances which would require a shutdown of the tunnel for a substantial period of time. It seems to be quite an expensive undertaking in New York City to rebuild the 1910 tunnel between New Jersey and New York in the gateway program. However, it is also New York...

Also, I believe elevated guideways generally have a shorter lifespan than tunnels so that should also factor into concrete cost and sunk carbon costs over time.

That overlay really highlights/reminds that the tunnel also covers the top of the tracks too.

PS - the columns for an elevated line can be quite deep depending on the soil conditions.
Reminder of the height of the columns below grade at Gilmore Station on Vancouver' Millennium Line (soft swampy soils in that area)

Figured I should probably cross-post this here for those who don't read the buildings forum:

East Harbour station documents are *somewhat* available.

Plans are available on the AIC, seems people may have missed them. Design seems to be at 60%.

There's hundreds of pages of documents here, including some extensive documents on wayfinding.

I can't seem to access the main architecture documents as the file is too large for the browser to handle, so if someone could find renders that'd be great!

The overall impression I'm getting here though is the design has been value engineered quite a bit from early concepts. Standard GO canopies, and there's also a lack of station retail, which of all stations, this one has the most room for. (There's a whole plaza faced by nothing but electrical doors?)

View attachment 519076

From the Wayfinding drawings. This would be the Ontario Line station building.
1699630585341.png

I want to drive on this road that appears to be sky high and in the clouds.

Only two pedestrians? The same number of people in the two cars. Total 4 people.
He added the TTC logo to the sign.

Back