Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Its interesting to note that Vancouver's broadway subway, an underground extension of Millennium Line along Broadway is going to have a 40 fed, 40 prov, 20 city split. Could we see a similiar split for the Relief line ?

Its interesting to note that Vancouver's broadway subway, an underground extension of Millennium Line along Broadway is going to have a 40 fed, 40 prov, 20 city split. Could we see a similiar split for the Relief line ?

That's exactly what Mr. Tory proposed, and I believe it to be highly likely. When does the Province table their budget?

That's exactly what Mr. Tory proposed, and I believe it to be highly likely. When does the Province table their budget?

April 27th, so in a week and a half. The extension in Vancuver will be 5.1km of tunnel, 6 underground stations and .9km of elevated to tunnel. All for 2 billion from what I've read, which I believe once the official cost come out it'll jump a lot.

I think it will all be up in the air. The feds committed about $2.2 billion for Vancouver, of a $5.5 billion total budget. It's not clear where the remaining 20% is coming from - although it's 100% within Vancouver, I'd think there would be calls for regional contribution - wasn't there regional, including Vancouver, contribution for the previous Millennium line extension in the east, that was 100% not in (and no where near) Vancouver?

At the same time, the feds have given over $1.8 billion for the Toronto RER, compared to the $13.5 billion from Ontario (or is it now only $11.7 billion ...), and $3.8 billion from the City. On the other hand, the City has committed to the Province that it will pay 100% of the Crosstown West extension to Renforth. And the province is paying 100% of the Eglinton line. Meanwhile the new "LRT" project in Montreal is 24.5% federal and provincial, with 51% funded privately (assuming the feds sign on). There is no municipal component.

Doesn't seem to be any set formula really. It's all project specific.

The $5.5 billion is for both the Surrey LRT project (which was most recently estimated at $2.6 billion) and the 5.5 km Millennium line extension of 6 stations (for which there hasn't been any recent estimates). Which presumably means the budget for that is now $2.9 billion - or over $500 million per kilometre. Compare that to the $3.2 billion for the 8.6 km, 6-station Spadina extension, that requires wider tunnels for the wider trains. I guess that will put an end to the Vancouver is always cheaper chorus.

Compare that to the $3.2 billion for the 8.6 km, 6-station Spadina extension, that requires wider tunnels for the wider trains. I guess that will put an end to the Vancouver is always cheaper chorus.
I think Vancouver will learn the lesson from Eglinton. Even if you provide tunneling to reduce disruption, the stations that are over 100m long and space less than 1 kilometer apart still cause a lot of disruption, and the disruption time is greatly increased. Essentially you spend double the money for nothing and still get complaints for disruption.

Ah, that's it - thanks. Hmm, and I guess they are planning a 34 Eglinton bus all the way from Mount Dennis station to Science Centre station.

Perhaps beyond that the busses can run on the tracks and stop at the platforms along with the LRTs.
On the grass ...
upload_2017-4-17_11-55-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-17_11-55-22.png
    upload_2017-4-17_11-55-22.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 287

Back