Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

There's a meeting next week (Wednesday night) regarding the Carlaw-Pape alignment issue

Dear Friends,

Last June many of you came to Matty Eckler where City staff presented Pape as the "emerging" route for the Relief Line. This included the segment from Gerrard to Queen. Overwhelmingly, local residents felt that Carlaw had not been adequately reviewed and that a station at Queen and Carlaw would be better than one at Queen and Pape.

I very much agreed with you and Mayor Tory agreed to put forward my motion to study an alternative route for the Gerrard to Queen alignment. Read the motion here.

Since then a great deal of technical work has been undertaken to evaluate Carlaw from Gerrard to Queen.

City staff will present the results of their findings at this community meeting:

Wednesday, April 5th from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Morse Street Public School
180 Carlaw Avenue

6:30 to 7:00 pm – Open House
7:00 to 8:30 pm – Presentation

As you recall, in July 2016, City Council approved the Relief Line from Danforth to Gerrard and from Queen to downtown. On April 19th the Executive will make a decision on the segment from Gerrard to Queen, and on April 26th City Council will make the final decision.

Please let your neighbours know. I hope to see you there.

Regards,

Paula Fletcher
City Councillor
Ward 30, Toronto-Danforth

Increased potential to disrupt traffic and transit... wonder what that means for streetcar operations?

Tory, at a "fund the RL now, province and feds" press conference just now: "The Yonge line won't move an inch toward Richmond Hill until we have shovels in the ground on RL."

And of course they have to do that presser at the Yonge-Bloor funnel area.

AoD

Tory, at a "fund the RL now, province and feds" press conference just now: "The Yonge line won't move an inch toward Richmond Hill until we have shovels in the ground on RL."

As usual, the province is not exactly jumping at the chance to contribute more funding.

Del Duca: "I want to be very clear: no provincial government in the history of Ontario has invested more in Toronto transit projects. What the Mayor refuses to acknowledge is that while previous Federal governments chose not to invest, Toronto has always had a stable provincial funding partner at the table. We are not going to play political games with transit (LOL). We will be at the table, and have always been at the table when it comes to investing in Toronto."​

As usual, the province is not exactly jumping at the chance to contribute more funding.

Del Duca: "I want to be very clear: no provincial government in the history of Ontario has invested more in Toronto transit projects. What the Mayor refuses to acknowledge is that while previous Federal governments chose not to invest, Toronto has always had a stable provincial funding partner at the table. We are not going to play political games with transit (LOL). We will be at the table, and have always been at the table when it comes to investing in Toronto."​

What he really should say is "Toronto, stop wasting your money on stupid projects like the SSE and maybe you will have money for the RL."

Too bad his government doesn't have much more credibility on rational transit funding. Pot calling the kettle black.

I'm getting really sick of this line. The province hasn't committed new funding for any rapid tranit expansion in Toronto for a decade. All the funds we're getting today are either a legacy of the 2007 Transit City plan, or TYSSE funds. The province needs to do more.

What he really should say is "Toronto, stop wasting your money on stupid projects like the SSE and maybe you will have money for the RL."

Too bad his government doesn't have much more credibility on rational transit funding. Pot calling the kettle black.

Metro had a good article this morning about how the mayor's appeal for money is undermined by his policies. He cries poor while he makes his annual politically-driven point of keeping property taxes below inflation. At the same time, when it comes to multi-billion projects like the SSE and Gardiner Expressway, he chose to go ahead with the most expensive option based on anecdotal evidence and political reasons, in the face of overwhelming opposition from planners. Toronto was never forced to go ahead with these projects at horrific expense, it chose to all on its own.

Overall the message this sends to Queens Park is that Toronto, despite claims to the contrary, has enough money to fund the mayor’s priorities.

Priorities.

C8f4657UMAIOWCD.jpg-large.jpg

Attachments

• C8f4657UMAIOWCD.jpg-large.jpg
    C8f4657UMAIOWCD.jpg-large.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 347

Back