Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Price of living in downtown Toronto. You're going to have disruptions and construction happening often and close by.
Everyone says this until it happens to them.

I lived next to the Well's construction site for years and it seemed reasonable compared to ML's practices. The Well was almost immediately hooked up to Toronto Hydro to comply with the city's bylaw, ML's contractors just run a comical number of diesel generators that are loud and noxious, and ML says it is because they haven't designed electrical substations yet (they never will, if Crosstown is anything to go by). The Well also had a predictable schedule, even during the COVID-era noise hours exemption.

Everyone says this until it happens to them.

I lived next to the Well's construction site for years and it seemed reasonable compared to ML's practices. The Well was almost immediately hooked up to Toronto Hydro to comply with the city's bylaw, ML's contractors just run a comical number of diesel generators that are loud and noxious, and ML says it is because they haven't designed electrical substations yet (they never will, if Crosstown is anything to go by). The Well also had a predictable schedule, even during the COVID-era noise hours exemption.

Fair enough, I have not lived next to a Metrolinx construction site. Does not mean that I'd be up in arms if I was.

Wouldn't Metrolinx also have to abide by the bylaw requiring Toronto Hydro connection? Seems odd to have different rules for them vs regular construction sites.

Back