Toronto oneeleven Condominiums | 55.47m | 17s | Harhay | Core Architects

Those hydro poles are bloody awful. It looks like something from a small, frontier town back in the 1900's. Those things gotta go.

You can't just simply bury overhead wires.
They would have to lower the distribution voltage substantially, which reduces the amount of power carried.
This means increasing the number of wires, or using much lower gauge cables, and installing transformers to interface with the overhead wires with the higher distribution voltage.

How is it that other cities are able to do it? Do you mean it's impossible? Toronto is just cheap and people don't care. They are too busy finding "gravy".

Instead of investing in power line burial, city councillors would rather focus their efforts on ensuring that nothing gets shadowed, and no building is too tall for the Queen's Quay senior citizens.

How is it that other cities are able to do it? Do you mean it's impossible? Toronto is just cheap and people don't care. They are too busy finding "gravy".

Of course it's not impossible, I explained what has to happen for them to buried. It's cost a lot of money.
Most here don't understand that and just think a ditch needs to be dug and the overhead lines dropped in.
You should petition Hyrdo to raise your rates so that they can bury the wires everywhere.

Condo near my house that had the wires buried for a pole length or two.

The majority of the core has the wires buried. Burying the rest should be less then we think. I can't t figure out why the streetlighting isn't buried at the same time the power lines are upgraded underground. The TTC appears to have no intention of burying their lines either.

Pics taken Nov 13, 2013

wpIJswc.jpg

NFpH569.jpg

Pic taken Nov 14, 2013

tJPo0hG.jpg

Pic taken Nov 15, 2013

Some brick repair work was being done to the neighbouring property.

BsAMTmF.jpg

Anyone know what is happening here. Now that the warehouse is down I have observed several dump trucks bringing dirt in to fill the basement hole. Has this been cancelled or postponed? A parking lot for awhile? More trucks full of dirt pulling in as I write this...

Back