Toronto One Park Place | 96.01m | 28s | Daniels | Hariri Pontarini

That's been happening every day for the last month - someone will get hurt in there and it will be a problem for the city.

I've emailed Pam McConnell to find out 1. Why's the project 8 months behind schedule and 2. what's happening with the trespassing issue.

What parents would let there kids play on / with construction equipment !?

The adults are in the park as well

Today:

PWnpcUf.jpg

vattxIY.jpg

This one's coming along nicely. I like the contrast between the red brick podium and the white tower. Nice to see a project of this size that isn't a boring glass box. I'd imagine this building's more energy efficient too with less glass.

This is very true. There is always trade-offs in life. What's even more energy efficient is an all concrete box 8 feet underground.

While this is one of my favorite new builds, the windows are way too small to do the western city views justice - the reason why we didn't buy here. Although the building itself is superior in every way to River City and far cheaper.

Last edited:
This is very true. There is always trade-offs in life. What's even more energy efficient is an all concrete box 8 feet underground.

While this is one of my favorite new builds, the windows are way too small to do the western city views justice - the reason why we didn't buy here. Although the building itself is superior in every way to River City and far cheaper.

Daniels is a premium builder with deep pockets while urban Capital is OK. There are some units that have floor to ceiling windows, though.

17 months after the crane went in - it is now being taken down this morning

7j3waHb.jpg

Everything about One Park Place is refreshing. The treatment of the tower's glazing, the rhythm of the podium, the materiality... it's all working!

A lot of unbuilt land in the immediate area. I wonder what's going up South of Spectrum and the Paintbox tower.

Back