Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

was at the doctors office and picked up the May issue of report on business, nice article on One Bloor/the whole condo market in toronto. very cool stuff, and there was one part that quoted when a Bazis guy got the call that Lehman brothers died. cool read,

Citizen, Robin and I have no time for the Trump Stump. If there is an arch-villain in Toronto, it's The Don. You can get a taste of what this monstrous mogul is doing in Scotland here:

[video=youtube;Zk-MHQE2xPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-MHQE2xPQ[/video]

Robin caught the film at HotDcos, and it shocked him.

The monstrous mogul strikes again. And again.

Off with his hair!

Here you go..............One Bloor East reveals T.O.'s unquenchable thirst for condos
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...nquenchable-thirst-for-condos/article1991333/

Great article, thx for posting. Interesting that Brad Lamb thinks the topping out point will be when average price for condos is $750 psf. It would appear even Lamb is indicating a skepticism that condos currently selling for $800 psf+ do not have a lot of appreciation left to go. Although for the niche high-end market like the Four Seasons, etc., they will be have their own rules, but how will expensive properties like 1 Bloor and 36 Hazelton do in the future?

^ Well, what's driving the price? It's not construction - it's largely developer greed. They will pillage this market until the fruit is gone then it will settle down to more normal - or even boring pace. Remember how quickly the prices shot up on Bazis' project after the people lined up outside? that price jump was simply driven by the fact they could. I think prices will level off but i dont see any reason to think they will drop.

But , the price of materials and labour have increase three or four fold since the early days of the boom. However, that increase pales in comparison to the cost of land. How much did 501 Yonge sell at? You could of picked it up for around 5 to 7 million 12 years ago. Most developers are at the whim of the marketplace and itself is greedy beyond belief. Profit margins haven`t increased for residential projects and, considering the risk involved ... the time in years and the money in millions ... the return on the investment is barely worth it.

Last edited:
Just got an email from the Bloor-Yorkville BIA that states that construction is anticipated to start before the end of the month.

Do the people that bought a unit in this development have an out if construction doesn't start by a certain date? If i bought one, i'd be a bit upset by now.

Just got an email from the Bloor-Yorkville BIA that states that construction is anticipated to start before the end of the month.

I see that the pile driving is close to completion at X2 so it looks like the post re: equipment being moved over to One Bloor when they're done at X2, looks to be accurate then.

I stopped in at the sales office today and talked to the receptionist who confirmed that. In fact, they had the gates locked up 2 weeks ago and told not to park there anymore which suggested something. They have since allowed the sales staff to park on the site again for a short duration. Keeping my fingers crossed.

equipment on site

H-m-m-m-m. Are they storing this equipment on the site or are we getting closer:confused:

Attachments

• DSC06461.jpg
    DSC06461.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC06460.jpg
    DSC06460.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 195
Stupid question time: Are all of those flatbeds carrying parts for one big piece of equipment? A pile driver perhaps?

Stupid question time: Are all of those flatbeds carrying parts for one big piece of equipment? A pile driver perhaps?

Looks to be parts for one BAUER drill rig - http://www.anchorshoring.com/content/view/82/148/

They have moved a drill rig from the X2 site. There is still one more standing at the X2 site, which should be dismantled soon and then moved over to the 1 Bloor site.

Back