Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Given the immense amount of construction going on, does anybody know if equipment shortages are an actual bottleneck these days? The fact that 1 Bloor had to wait for shoring rigs to finish at X2 suggests to me that this is now the case.

Could it be that some projects have not started yet because they are waiting for equipment, workers, etc. to be freed up from other projects?

H-m-m-m-m. Are they storing this equipment on the site or are we getting closer:confused:

I wondered the same as I went by today (sorry, crappy image, didn't have my camera on me so I took an iPhone shot)

OneBloor_June11-11.jpg

YAYAYAYAY! about time!
can't wait for this big dig!
to me, this tower is underrated (judging by the renders). I personally dig this design a bit more than Aura, though of course, i'll make up my mind when both are complete :p

The company that does the landscaping for Bloor St. often uses that lot to store their plants and trucks while they're replenishing the flower beds. But I guess those days are over. 1 Bloor, Nicholas, 5 St. Joseph, Chaz and 42 Charles, plus others. It's going to be a noisy dusty 3 or 4 years for us in the neighbourhood but I don't care, it's nice to see these buildings go up.

to me, this tower is underrated (judging by the renders). I personally dig this design a bit more than Aura, though of course, i'll make up my mind when both are complete :p

I slightly favor Aura's design but it'll be intersting to see how true to the renders they are and the quality of the materials/glass they use. That'll make all the difference.

Back