Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Last edited:
World class? Obviously you know nothing about what has been built around the world. This is a very average building at best for the most important location in the country. You need to raise your expectations.

If you stand this up in virtually any city in the world, it would be in the upper tier. I'm not saying it tops that tier, but it certainly competes in a way that very few Canadian high-rises do. And seriously, it's an international award winning design that is basically a 1 in 30 year project by Toronto standards, it's not "average".

From this morning.
DSC02238.jpg
DSC02239.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02238.jpg
    DSC02238.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,051
  • DSC02239.jpg
    DSC02239.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,240
Hmm. Identical gaps in the third and second last balcony slabs. Is there going to be some kind of equipment practically hanging off the side of the building? (It will be hidden behind fritted glass, but something's going in up there.)

Hmm. Identical gaps in the third and second last balcony slabs. Is there going to be some kind of equipment practically hanging off the side of the building? (It will be hidden behind fritted glass, but something's going in up there.)

I've been looking at that for a while and couldn't figure out what those would be for.

Possibly just saving money by not pouring a full floor slab where one isn't needed?

Or possibly a light feature?

it is probably the lighting feature as it could be seen in the renders as well.

Possibly just saving money by not pouring a full floor slab where one isn't needed?

Or possibly a light feature?
The holes seem excessively large for a lighting feature… and if it is for lighting, it begs the question "why in that corner, and not everywhere else on the top two floors?" as I expect that the entire crown will be illuminated.

Anyway, it certainly could be related to lighting, but I'm wondering what makes that spot particularly special!

The sloshing tank will be in the middle of the 78th storey (3rd mechanical level) above the elevator machine room.

Back