Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

There won't be a slope. The roof was redesigned a couple years ago.

That's a shame, the roof line was a key feature. The site deserves so much better.

This building from architectural concept, detailing and quality of finishes is probably the most well rounded high-rise building built in this city in the last 30+ years. I understand the desire to always push the envelope, but saying the site deserves better is a little ridiculous. It's kind of laughable how some people in this forum make these passing shots with absolutely no idea what it takes to get a project of this scale built. Literally no clue.

This building is world-class. A lot of architecture in Toronto doesn't compare very well abroad, this actually does.

This building from architectural concept, detailing and quality of finishes is probably the most well rounded high-rise building built in this city in the last 30+ years. I understand the desire to always push the envelope, but saying the site deserves better is a little ridiculous. It's kind of laughable how some people in this forum make these passing shots with absolutely no idea what it takes to get a project of this scale built. Literally no clue.

This building is world-class. A lot of architecture in Toronto doesn't compare very well abroad, this actually does.

Hmm, someone's opinion differs from your own and you hurl insults? Wie traurig..

Be careful, I have more of "clue" than you could possibly imagine.

Hmm, someone's opinion differs from your own and you hurl insults? Wie traurig..

Be careful, I have more of "clue" than you could possibly imagine.

And you hurl German? You don't have to like it. This site, which I do know a little about, has a building it deserves.

I generally agree about Scotia Plaza but I forgot when exactly it was built (finished in '88). Florian I would say is less conceptually striking, same with EY. Shangri-la and Four seasons would be in the same category. Tableau is a tier below in detail and finish quality.

I generally agree about Scotia Plaza but I forgot when exactly it was built (finished in '88). Florian I would say is less conceptually striking, same with EY. Shangri-la and Four seasons would be in the same category. Tableau is a tier below in detail and finish quality.
I was going to mentioned both Shangri-La and Four Seasons. You're right, they are definitely higher quality than Tableau.

From this morning.

IMG_7503.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7503.JPG
    IMG_7503.JPG
    330.7 KB · Views: 790
We are definitely going to see those curves.

Agreed. Especially on dappled sun days, or early and late in the day when sunlight is less intense, or when viewed from an angle such as Edward's photo above, or when the sun is glinting at an angle on those seductive curves, the list goes on...

World class? Obviously you know nothing about what has been built around the world. This is a very average building at best for the most important location in the country. You need to raise your expectations.

Back