Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

The more progress is made on this tower, the more it reveals what a slender (relatively speaking) creature it will be when completed... My only concern is the roof; hoping not to see a clumsy mechanical-area box...

The more progress is made on this tower, the more it reveals what a slender (relatively speaking) creature it will be when completed... My only concern is the roof; hoping not to see a clumsy mechanical-area box...

Considering the attention to detail we have seen thus far, I don't think we'll have to worry about that.

1bs19.jpg

Attachments

• 1bs19.jpg
    1bs19.jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 2,076
Considering the attention to detail we have seen thus far, I don't think we'll have to worry about that.

lol we seen what happened with Theater Park. Oh you like our elegant building? Here's a ugly teal box to top it off with.

lol we seen what happened with Theater Park. Oh you like our elegant building? Here's a ugly teal box to top it off with.

Sorry, I glanced over that too quickly. I thought the comment was talking about an exposed mechanical level. I don't see how this could end up like Theatre Park. Theatre Park has a separate box at its crown that contains the mechanical aspect of the building. One Bloor East has a more continuous flow to all the way up to its pinnacle. I think this will turn out just fine.

One Bloor already has aqua blown outta the water with its current features thus far. Just my oppinion.

There was discussion in the Aura thread about how it recently surpassed Trump for the longest thread in Projects & Construction. I was wondering what might surpass it, and One Bloor came to mind, but the widespread appreciation for its execution (which I share) didn't seem to leave room for enough controversy to generate the few hundred pages of superfluous posts required to catch-up.

Looks like the "One Bloor vs. Aqua" battle that's brewing might be just what's needed to fill the void.

Aqua's podium has nothing on One Bloor. One Bloor is on another level.

That's Aqua's podium? Seriously? One Bloor puts it to shame, many, many times over, what were they thinking? The tower itself (Aqua) is sensational (at least I think so), but the base literally looks like a rejected throw back from the 70's, or is it just me? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back