Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Feb 12, 2014

photo.JPG

What are those oval things going to be?

I think I just figured it out. We've reached the top of the podium and they're going to be planters for trees. So we're done with the podium and now we're just going straight up all the way on the north end of the building. No more floors on the south end?

Screen%2520Shot%25202014-02-12%2520at%25207.54.50%2520PM.png

Feb 12, 2014

What are those oval things going to be?

There are going to be planters, and the odd shaped ones that are rectangular and skewed are going to be pools, its going to be like that for the whole podium outside of the "tower" area.

And there will actually be one additional slab about 4'-0" above the slab currently being poured (slab being poured is a 7th floor lower slab, slab at top of planter walls and pool walls will be 7th upper slab)

Sounds like Toronto's largest crawl space is on its way at the same time!

There are going to be planters, and the odd shaped ones that are rectangular and skewed are going to be pools, its going to be like that for the whole podium outside of the "tower" area.

And there will actually be one additional slab about 4'-0" above the slab currently being poured (slab being poured is a 7th floor lower slab, slab at top of planter walls and pool walls will be 7th upper slab)

one-bloor-pool-design.jpg

Attachments

• one-bloor-pool-design.jpg
    one-bloor-pool-design.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,088
Just walking passed here yesterday was astonishing. I never realized how tall this podium was going to be. Such vast high ceilings that are sure to look attractive at Yonge/Bloor!

As some have already noted, the podium, even uncladded, is making the rest of the area look like trash.

Major renovations are on their way, when property values here go through the roof.

Is it possible to make The Bay Centre look worse than it already does? That buildings has been destroying this corner for far too long.

Now that the podium is almost finished I guess we can turn our attention to the retail component. I can't really see a lot of lux stores in here but rather middle of the road stuff. Mango, Mendocino, Boston Pizza, Rexall, Future Shop, Marks Work Wearhouse, The Source, Burger King, Wendy's, Tim Hortons and Starbucks might be some good candidates.

Now that the podium is almost finished I guess we can turn our attention to the retail component. I can't really see a lot of lux stores in here but rather middle of the road stuff. Mango, Mendocino, Boston Pizza, Rexall, Future Shop, Marks Work Wearhouse, The Source, Burger King, Wendy's, Tim Hortons and Starbucks might be some good candidates.

It's an ambitious development in an area with some of the highest retail leasing rates on the continent. The tenants will probably be more high end than that assortment.

Back