Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Baker Real Estate has tweeted that this will be the lobby for One Bloor (no joke??)......very unusual....

http://ow.ly/d/daM

(PDF file)

That is no joke ... this is the real design for One Bloor's lobby, it is also shown in the presentation centre

Design wise, it looks different, but definitely not terrible looking IMO, it follows the fluid design of the tower ~

Holy crap, that's it seriously twisted. Can't decided if it's in a good way, yet. It's like the bastard offspring of the 2001: A Spacey Odyssey set and an aquarium.

Seriously twisted in a really bad way.
If I had spent that kind of dough and that was my lobby, I'd be seriously unhappy.
Maybe it's "shock and awe".
Just my view.

Looks kinda dated to me. The MiMo/Googie revival is sorta passe already isn't it? Maybe an interior designer could shed some light on that. Yuck.

It almost reminds me of the Ice Hotel! but I can't see people liking it for long before they wish they could change it...unless it actually looks more impressive in person than in the render.

This has gotta be April fool's joke #2! Bizarre poo-poo! As ridiculous as the "Feature Project". Maybe Baker Real Estate has a sense of humour?

Last edited:
Here's the image I downloaded from the above link.

OneBloor_Lobby_ViewA01_LR02 Sept 23 10_daM-2.jpg

Attachments

• OneBloor_Lobby_ViewA01_LR02 Sept 23 10_daM-2.jpg
    OneBloor_Lobby_ViewA01_LR02 Sept 23 10_daM-2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 294
It would be super expensive to construct those undulating walls with a lacquer-like finish like that... (and unless this is an exhibit at the Natural History Museum)... it is a hideous waste of money for a residential lobby. It may be expensive to construct, but it doesn't say "Money". It comes across as cold, austere, impersonal and worst of all, unwelcoming, all the qualities you DON'T want in a lobby.

Back