440     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 509     1 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 2.3K     3 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Has anyone else also heard that Trinity Developments has acquired the Toyota dealership site at 677 Queen St E. I guess they are planning something mixed use with large retail on this site.

PATH update:

Lots of changes continue in the PATH. In the TD Centre, Shopper's recently moved to a larger location (old Grand and Toy store plus a couple of additional spaces); no clue yet will replace it. The Running Room will be taking over the old La Senza spot, and it looks like Reitmans will shift one store to the left with an updated look. Toys Toys Toys, which used to be in that spot, has moved again to the old Carlton Cards spot.

In FCP, the new Lasik clinic is up and running, and it looks like the expanded Harry Rosen store is on schedule. Judith and Charles is now in the spot formerly occupied by Sleuth and Statesman. No sign yet of when the new Rexall will open downstairs in the spot formerly occupied by the Gap and other stores. Interestingly enough, the medical clinic upstairs is still open--I'd been led to believe that was closing months ago.
I think the walk-in section and labs are to remain, but the family practice has moved to Royal Plaza.

There was an epicly long line of teen girls (and their kind parents) outside of the One Direction pop up store this morning at 7:30 am (in the old Morningstar space on Yonge).

I didn't know Vans was doing well enough to open their own store in Toronto on Yonge St. I'm not a fan of Vans myself, but at least it won't be an empty spot anymore.

PATH update:

Interestingly enough, the medical clinic upstairs is still open--I'd been led to believe that was closing months ago.

...aaaand as soon as I post, the medical and dental clinic closes. That's now a significant chunk of rental space (along with the old Piazza Manna space) that appears to be free--anyone hear of any plans for it?

I didn't know Vans was doing well enough to open their own store in Toronto on Yonge St. I'm not a fan of Vans myself, but at least it won't be an empty spot anymore.

Vans is a powerful classic brand like Converse. Appeals to everyone from skaters to GQ types, so they're pretty healthy. It's a big enough deal that it's kind of embarrassing for Toronto that we're only getting one now.

...aaaand as soon as I post, the medical and dental clinic closes. That's now a significant chunk of rental space (along with the old Piazza Manna space) that appears to be free--anyone hear of any plans for it?
Haha, wow. I was there to pick up some blood work a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
brooks.jpg

First Canadian Place update: Expanded Harry Rosen store is now open. Judith and Charles have moved out of their temporary spot in the old Sleuth and Statesman store and into a full-sized store on the first floor (down towards the Exchange Tower side). This leaves Rexall as the main spot switch/reno still outstanding.

Back