News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 463     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Businesses that are shutting down altogether:

• Harvey's - Rest assured Harvey's fans, there is not a conspiracy to remove all Harvey's from the downtown core as a new location is said to be coming to Yonge and Dundas.
  • Mr Sub - Already emptied out. I think if you look hard enough you might be able to find another Mr. Sub downtown...

But there's already a Harvey's in the Eaton Centre, as well as Hooker Harvey's...downtown *is* losing Harvey'ses.

Finding a Subway is like finding the inside of your eyelids...Mr. Sub is positively worthy of threatened species status in comparison.

Mr. Sub is a perfect example of an animal that is having a difficult time adapting to a changing lunch climate.

How's Pizza Pizza doing, then? (I tend to think of Pizza Pizza and Mr. Sub as the twin local paragons of late 60s hippie/stoner-food-gone-big...)

There is work happening at the 1 king west retail spot. Is Starbucks still moving in, as previously suggested?

I dropped by the Distillery District late yesterday afternoon to buy a loaf of bread, and noticed that lileo has 70% off some of their men's clothes. And there's another rack at 50% off.

Oh yeah, I forgot to post again after visiting. The new space is pretty well laid out and the selection is great. They also have some nice catalogues to take home as well. Looks like the standard furniture showroom but they have everything available to sit in and check out. Hopefully it does well and I hope to help them out as soon as I can. They mostly have all the classics sitting in the showroom with a many Eames and Nelson products.

The biggest news to hit Queen & Bathurst since the fire...

1. A Starbucks in the former Mr. Sub sight at the north-east corner of the intersection.
  2. A Tim Horton's in the former Queenshead Pub close to the south-west corner.

The biggest news to hit Queen & Bathurst since the fire...

1. A Starbucks in the former Mr. Sub sight at the north-east corner of the intersection.

These additions will be warmly welcomed.

Although, Tim's was very not welcomed about 8 years ago when they attempted to go into the former Future's Bakery site at Queen & Tecumseh. Sadly, I think times have changed and most will just shrug it off.

Wow. The times truly are a-changin'. The crackheads in that area will be most delighted, I'm sure, now having two new establishments they can stake out for patrons leaving with "spare" change.

Back