Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

Slow indeed. I doubt anyone will get to "Move In Fall 2013". Thanks for the update. I see this on the subway every day but never manage to get my camera out in time.

Feb 3, a few shots from the Beltline Park.

8442305582_0754442506_b.jpg

8441217705_65c7da2685_b.jpg

8441215791_035a4fe9f7_b.jpg

8442306890_f9b7301577_b.jpg

Photos taken March 1.

SDC13058.jpg

SDC13062.jpg

SDC13063.jpg

Attachments

• SDC13058.jpg
    SDC13058.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 550
  • SDC13062.jpg
    SDC13062.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 534
  • SDC13063.jpg
    SDC13063.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 578
Something about its present form conjures up the ghost of Wawanesa across the street...

Yonge and Davisville is a bad location? Where do you live, Disney World?
I used to have a friend that lived in one of the apartment buildings on Merton, it was always a great neighbourhood vibe, the noise from the TTC yard was minimal, and you are steps from a station on the most vital subway line in the city. There is even plenty of red-brick to keep UD types interested!

9 March 2013: Nice looking project but what an awful location! View & noise of TTC yard, Yonge Street traffic and the ghastly ghost town that is Merton Street.

Do tell, what do you consider to be a superior location? Of the current condo availability, I can't think of anything that I'd prefer and I'd venture to guess that alot of people feel the same way. I'm an actual purchaser in the project so I do have a vested interest; my unit is halfway up the building and is on the south east corner so I have the views and wrap-around balcony. I do think the west units are a tougher sell, especially those facing north. The ttc noise might be a concern for me on the west side, but I don't know if it's enough for me to stay away from the project (there are ways to manage noise).

Yes there is traffic on yonge street, but what do you expect? Location is everything and the closer to yonge street and the subway line, the more valuable the location. I also don't consider Merton Street to be completely relevant for this project. The address of this building might be 25 Merton, but this is a yonge street condo, therefore I'm more considered with what's available along yonge and in the surrounding area. While I don't think Merton is the loveliest of streets out there, it really played no relevance in my decision to consider this a superior condo location.

I've had the opportunity to live further north in the yonge/sheppard area, which was fine but I didn't love the surrounding vibe, and now there is infinite construction going on in the area. I've also lived downtown (yonge and bloor) and it was alot more challenging than I thought. There is no neighbourhood feel at all and living there has completely turned me off to the idea of living downtown ever again. Alot of concrete, people, and maybe a bit of 'coldness' at times.

Mid-town for me was the absolute ideal middleground. Yonge and Eglinton is becoming FAR too busy for my taste and there isn't anything at yonge and st. clair going up right now (that I know of). To me, MYC is a more sophisticated, mature address (and by mature I don't mean old - I'm 29) but it's a mere 7 minute walk or so right to yonge and eglinton. I love the restaurants between eglinton and davisville, the quaint st. clair area just south and of course the forever-views that I'll have in the unit itself. It's quick trip to downtown with the subway nearby but has the quietness that I can come home to at the end of the day.

So again, please feel free to point out what you consider to be a better location, I'm curious to know.

Relax, UD just spends 5 seconds before posting each photo trying to think up a short quip about almost any project he updates that will create controversy.

Most of UD's comments are silly; But I find it rather entertaining how riled up he manages to get some folks (and I'm sure he does as well : -).

Having said that, I always kid around how Merton street should be dubbed retirement alley ;) ... its no different then a suburban street that is (actually Merton is much better with the trail just to the south).

But regarding noise from the subway ... there isn't any ... period ... you seriously could not live on a quieter intersection ... same goes for cars, traffic on Yonge is rather minimal to be honest.

Yes, i too can find his little quips amusing, but you must realize they are jokes. The style of humour and over extaggeration can really rile some people up if they don't realize that's its sarcasm. (Hopefully)

I kind of agree with one of UD's points however - this part of Yonge street, and the area in general, is dreadfully dull and almost sterile.

I kind of agree with one of UD's points however - this part of Yonge street, and the area in general, is dreadfully dull and almost sterile.

Agreed, well ... if you go a little north on Yonge, there are some interesting places between here and Eglinton, and the new condo projects coming to the area will help.

But in general, from a couple blocks south of Eglinton, to about the Mount Pleasent Cemetery. Yonge could use a lot more life, I think condos would do a lot to help.

My comments are not "silly" nor provocative. They are my 100% honest assessment of the aesthetics of a neighbourhood/building/whatever. They are idealized as in "If I had x dollars to spend, this is where I'd move."

I'd rather live on Mount Pleasant or on the Mount Pleasant end of Merton.

As for "quiet" condo projects you could've moved to? Well Volta Lofts on Annette is about ideal--boutique building, great area. Right on a subway line? Richard Witt's upcoming 838 Broadview (Danforth) is within 5 minutes' walk of a subway station.

Gotta be on the Yonge line but don't like being around a super dense strip? Yonge & St Clair to Rosedale strip is fantastic. I would rent though.

Last edited:

Back