Toronto Museum FLTS. at Lower JCT. | ?m | 10s | Castlepoint Numa | a—A

This looks amazing! Cool that they're keeping some industrial uses here, inasmuch as craft brewing could be considered industry.

Where are they moving to? Or are they opening a second location?

From the link on the previous page:

Within its 8 storeys, the building will house a mixture of industrial and commercial uses, including the manufacturing operations of Indie Ale House, a long standing Junction neighbourhood brewery.

I'd assume they'll stay where they are in the Junction and open a second location/expand their brewing capability with this location. Anyway, it's not really a big conflict with Henderson. Craft beer, like coffee, seems to enjoy infinitely elastic demand in this town.

Back on topic, this is a good looking building. It's going to be fascinating watching this area transform over the next few years. Hopefully existing people & uses aren't pushed out.

All purchasers here need to contact Ana Bailao's office with phone calls and emails, demanding to know the specifics of what happened regarding the permits.

All purchasers here need to contact Ana Bailao's office with phone calls and emails, demanding to know the specifics of what happened regarding the permits.

Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West, Suite C42
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
Telephone: 416-392-7012
Fax: 416-392-7957
Email:councillor_bailao@toronto.ca

Constituency Office:
1240 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M6H 1N5
Open Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 1pm - 6pm

Staff:
Executive Assistant
Robert Cerjanec
rcerjan@toronto.ca

Constituency Manager
Michael Vieira
mvieira2@toronto.ca

Constituency Assistant
Liliana Custodio
lcustod@toronto.ca

Constituency AssistantMarlene Araujo
maraujo@toronto.ca

Special Assistant
Brandon Leal
brandon.leal@toronto.ca

As my agent just informed me, this seems to be a current practice of developers realizing their project is suddenly under-valued, cancelling it, blaming someone else, then relaunching in a year or so with prices 30% more.

Also, the Junction Triangle was named by Toronto Life just this week as the city's new most desirable (new) neighbourhood. I'm not a conspiracy man generally, but this seems pretty apparent.

The GTA's Next Hot Neighbourhoods

Academy, Central Park Ajax, University Suites, the Kennedy's, Sail, Danforth Square and Kennedy Gardens are other projects that may have had the same thing happen this year.

My mind was thinking along the same conspiracy lines, Jason. Similar thing happened at the church-loft conversion up the street at Perth and Wallace, though for different reasons.

Back