Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

The interior units of this building promise to be slightly miserable - perhaps they'll have very cheap rents.

The courtyard view here will be dark and grim. As for getting light, the tallest portions of the structure are to the south and west. And Core's other nearby project, 650 King, is absent from the rendering.

The city needs another 1000 buildings such as this one, rentals of course! Eg: All along Dufferin, Keele, Bathurst, Jane Streets, north of Eglinton.

Yeah, and these buildings can also look better and fit in the area more respectfully. Evangel Hall, sitting almost across the street from the site of this proposed monster, is a better example to emulate.

The heavy-massing + courtyard (as opposed to point tower) design approach has been quite successful in Europe. I hope to see this continued here. Point towers have their place, as do more densely-packed and lower-rising blocks such as this one.

When do we find out about if this building was approved / when it will be under construction? (Because they would start building immediately after approval, right?... because it is rental of course.)

I am also curious.

Anyone know where in the planning process this project might be? / How long it will take to come to fruition?

PS.

The project is listed by CORE Architects to be named "Adelaide Residences". Can a mod edit the thread title? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
3563287365_0d4cce8c68_o.jpg

The image seems to imply that the building will not reach Bathurst. Does this mean that no buildings will be torn down?

It looks like the building housing Waddington's and Coopers (on Bathurst) is staying. It also looks like the large brick warehouse building mid block is going.

I was wondering the same thing... I hope it's still going to happen!

Last edited:
Perhaps Mr. Freed, Mr. Lamb or the Tridel folks are lurking in the background hoping to pick up this property. Boymelgreen hopefully is smart and will unload quickly.

Back