Toronto Musée Condos | 53.95m | 17s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Thanks Cabeman. Pretty aggressive company - covered a lot of ground in 10 years. I was just recently added to Colin Vaughan's mailing list for meetings. Did you attend the meeting for 525 Adelaide?

Thanks Cabeman. Pretty aggressive company - covered a lot of ground in 10 years. I was just recently added to Colin Vaughan's mailing list for meetings. Did you attend the meeting for 525 Adelaide?

I did attend the meeting, and I don't recall a particularly warm reception for this project as presented (I think mostly based on its sheer size and to an extent the impact it would have on Adelaide Place). I think the Artscape artist lofts component was well received though.

Yes - 635 units would require a huge building. Does the proposal include the removal of the Waddington's building as well or are they building it onto the parking lot space alone?

Yes - 635 units would require a huge building. Does the proposal include the removal of the Waddington's building as well or are they building it onto the parking lot space alone?

I don't believe the plan involves the Waddinton's site, just the "Title Textile" building and parking lot. I think the proposal involves demolishing the buildings and then constructing the first few storeys in a similar brick warehouse style with the remaining top floors all glass.

Thanks for the coverage! Curious to see what is in store for the location.

Thanks Cabeman - did they do a power point presentation or have a model available? I contacted Vaughan's office and they haven't shared anything with me so far.

I did attend the meeting, and I don't recall a particularly warm reception for this project as presented (I think mostly based on its sheer size and to an extent the impact it would have on Adelaide Place). I think the Artscape artist lofts component was well received though.

Thanks Cabeman - did they do a power point presentation or have a model available? I contacted Vaughan's office and they haven't shared anything with me so far.

I believe the architects did a presentation, not Vaughan.

Thanks - I sent Core Architects an email as well. Either way, if I receive anything I will post it on this link.

After one of the January meetings, I asked Vaughan's office about getting access to the presented materials. They said they would ask the presenters for permission to share the PPT documents, but so for no one has given a positive response.

I can understand, from a developer's perspective, not wanting the renders and floorplans, etc. being spread all over the internet. However, if the developers are going to use these meetings as the first step of the OPA/rezoning process (which is the case), then they shouldn't be able to withhold the materials from the public.

Just received this email from Vaughan's office:

Councillor Adam Vaughan invites you to a community meeting:

Proposed Developments in the Wellington Place Neighbourhood

Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Time: 6:00 – 8:30 PM

Councillor Vaughan would like to hear your feedback about proposed developments in the Wellington Place Neighbourhood, specifically:

- Proposal at the north-east corner of Front and Bathurst
- 456 Wellington St W (between Portland & Spadina)
- 525 Adelaide St W (Adelaide & Bathurst) (tentative)

Please let us know if you plan to attend, by phone at 416-392-4044 or email at councillor_vaughan@toronto.ca.

Best regards,

Councillor Adam Vaughan
Ward 20, Trinity-Spadina
416-392-4044
www.adamvaughan.ca

Back