Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

3510141183_5665462014_b.jpg

Also by sammo at ssp

May 8th Update

Murano from above

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for the pics up there. The dark cabinetry is really nice...good pick. I'm wondering if there was an option for dark hardwood...every unit I've seen has light stained floors.

We went for colour selection last month for our unit in the south tower. There were 4 light wood veneers to choose from and the quality, IMO was very poor-- very thin veneer, didn't look like it would stand up to any wear and tear. There is no dark hardwood option unless you pay extra. We spent about $9000 extra to upgrade to a better floor in a dark stain. :( The dark cabinetry is an upgrade, too, but after we spent so much on the floor, we were tapped out, LOL.

I went through my color selection earlier this week and was surprised how much the upgrades were. I stuck with the standards and plan to do the upgrades myself at a MUCH lower cost. With the amount of negative comments on workmanship...I don't think I made a bad decision to wait. :)

I wasn't even harping on the upgrades...the standard finishes are pretty crappy IMO. I'm only hapring on this because I'm condo shopping and compared to the condos out there that I have seen (96 st patrick, The Met, Rezen), Murano's really near the bottom of the list when it comes to standard finishes. Now, I'm not trying to poop on the building...even the 500 on sherbourne has much better standard finishes. It's just a little dissapointing given the location of the building. I guess I expected more. But I believe the initial pricing was pretty low so I guess that has a lot to do with it.

Sorry for the rant.

I agree with JayBee, I was very disappointed with the standard finishes and hence ended up spending beyond my budget for upgrades. However, i was quite satisfied with the upgrade selections. I brought an interior designer with me and he said the prices for upgrades were reasonable.

I wasn't even harping on the upgrades...the standard finishes are pretty crappy IMO. I'm only hapring on this because I'm condo shopping and compared to the condos out there that I have seen (96 st patrick, The Met, Rezen), Murano's really near the bottom of the list when it comes to standard finishes. Now, I'm not trying to poop on the building...even the 500 on sherbourne has much better standard finishes. It's just a little dissapointing given the location of the building. I guess I expected more. But I believe the initial pricing was pretty low so I guess that has a lot to do with it.

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks ProjectEnd. These were all taken from the top of Bloorwalk 1 (at Church and Hayden). Awful-looking building, but great views from the rooftop patio (I also have no problem living in an ugly building, since I don't have to worry about seeing it from my window).

Thanks ProjectEnd. These were all taken from the top of Bloorwalk 1 (at Church and Hayden). Awful-looking building, but great views from the rooftop patio (I also have no problem living in an ugly building, since I don't have to worry about seeing it from my window).

Bloor Walk is OK. It's overdone and has lots of "pippy-poo's" as US would say, but I wouldn't call it ugly. The lobby, location and roof deck help make up for it's excesses.

Pardon the crappy cellphone pic, but...

3532362894_9726ae0a4a.jpg

mmm, dats a fine cell phone pic! love the impact these two are making. Now if we can just do a "Regent Park" on that mid-rise just to the north, then we'd be talking!

Back