Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

CSW2424's pic really demonstrates what an ugly part of town this is. Hope the development of those parking lots improves the situation.

Yet we have people screaming shortage of land ...

That is because there are real shortages of land and there are plenty of detailed evaluations and research on land supply issues by a variety of academic, NGO & planning sources. The province is very aware of land supply issues of which some issues are rising to the forefront through the growth plan conformity exercise. Many upper and lower tier municipalities are also dealing with land issues on a regular basis and through land budgeting exercises (specific targets in years for both residential and employment) as part of their official plans or urban boundary expansions or the conversion of employment to residential lands. Land supply is fairly complicated, using long term population, density and employment targets as well as dealing with current applications… a few photos of parking lots scattered around aren't a very good economic evaluation... people don't just make this stuff up, which your remark seems to suggest.

CSW2424's pic really demonstrates what an ugly part of town this is. Hope the development of those parking lots improves the situation.

A couple of those lots have active applications in place - whether that improves the 'ugly' quotient will take a few more years to evaluate. That area around Bay and Dundas could certainly use an additional injection of quality investment.

Last edited:
30 May 2009 photo update

A good spot to view aA's contribution to the skyline: Wallace Av pedestrian bridge.

dsc02084f.jpg

What is the (townhouse?) project on the immediate right? I have photos, but no idea which project it is. edit: This is the "Brownstones on Wallace" Avenue project by the Fallus Group. I'll post the photos somewhere--maybe the Junction or Bloor/Lansdowne neighbourhood threads?

Last edited:
from Bells on Bloor bike ride

Great Murano views from Queen's Park.

Attachments

• Murano1.jpg
    Murano1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Murano2.jpg
    Murano2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Murano3.jpg
    Murano3.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 230
  • Murano Reflection.jpg
    Murano Reflection.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 207
  • Murano Reflection 2.jpg
    Murano Reflection 2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 206
Some random pictures from May 26.

Attachments

• DSC03684.jpg
    DSC03684.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC03686.jpg
    DSC03686.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC03706.jpg
    DSC03706.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 259
that lobby looks nice ... and I like those floor to ceiling windows ~

thanks for the update Xenosblitz

right on redear ~

Original renderings ...
murano_lobby.jpg

lobby_floorplan.jpg

Are 3 elevators enough for a 45 storey building?

if it was my choice , I don't think 3 elevators are enough for 45s ... but I suppose it is just a choice Murano purchasers choose to accept (or not) when deciding on 'to buy or not to buy' :)

if it was my choice , I don't think 3 elevators are enough for 45s ... but I suppose it is just a choice Murano purchasers choose to accept (or not) when deciding on 'to buy or not to buy' :)
My builing has just under 30 floors with 5 elevators and I feel like we could do with 1 more.

My builing has just under 30 floors with 5 elevators and I feel like we could do with 1 more.

Murano doesn't have 16+ units a floor either. (not to mention the difference in speed)

Four would be better especially after the height increase but three reliable high speed elevators for 380 units is not bad and quite common among these downtown point towers.

Last edited:

Back