Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

I only see three attractive post 1940's buildings in that photo: Murano 1&2, and S+P's New College building.

Imagine if ROCP had been aA....

I'd add The Met to that list.

If you'd choose 777 Bay over the Terrence Donnelly Centre, you need your head examined.

Look behind the chimney, and below 777 Bay...

DSCN4464.jpg

nice shot by Jasonzed over at SSC showing the midtown cluster & Murano..

mississauga1396.jpg

It would be sweet if something of significant height went up on the parking lot just south of LuCliff Place :D

That photo is missing the Met on the right and One St. Thomas on the other side. Together, they paint a huge picture along with Murano and Bay St.

Despite the generally banal quality of architecture along Bay St., what strikes me about this photo is the variety of built materials. If you look at the Minto office tower on Bay/Elm and move up past the Liberties (puke coloured brick), ROCP1&2 (awful sheet metal), 777 Bay (Concrete and blue glass), small white condo, Police station (pomo gangster), Murano (aA glass delight), the pink brick rentals, the pink concrete rentals, Sutton Slab (concrete), 1001 Bay (hideous glass), polo clubs (brown brick) etc etc.. you get a lot of variety. For what it is worth, Bay St. has a lot more diversity than most newer sections of the city.

I wonder, how would London or even West One look along this strip? Probably pretty good.

Called the people at Murano on Saturday. It's Monday and still no call back. Not taking away from the beauty of the building though. It's impressive.

Back