Toronto Monde | 149.95m | 44s | Great Gulf | Moshe Safdie

Super excited to see this happening because I bought a place in here recently! Heck, it even motivated me to make an account on UT to follow along. :)

We are all nearly as excited as you. This is going to be a great project, I think. I'm looking forward to finally seeing a residential population actually living on the waterfront, which currently empties out every evening when the office workers and students go home.

We are all nearly as excited as you. This is going to be a great project, I think. I'm looking forward to finally seeing a residential population actually living on the waterfront, which currently empties out every evening when the office workers and students go home.

As a resident of St. Lawrence, it will be nice to have a neighbourhood to the south, rather than parking lots and industrial wasteland.

I wish that after the "official ground-breaking" last month that there would have some "real" ground-breaking by now. Regardless, the shovels should be in the ground soon, and I'm really looking forward to Monde coming on stream. I think it will prove to be the most attractive tall building in the East Bay Front. Bring it on...

Taken May 2, 2015:

Good to see you'll be able to keep us updated on this one.

Definitely. I've got East Bayfront covered from my perch. Aqualina, Monde, Daniels, Menkes, etc.. I've been waiting a long time for some meaningful activity on EBF since GBC and Corus Quay were built. It shouldn't be too much longer though. This summer will see a flood of construction activity.

Definitely. I've got East Bayfront covered from my perch. Aqualina, Monde, Daniels, Menkes, etc.. I've been waiting a long time for some meaningful activity on EBF since GBC and Corus Quay were built. It shouldn't be too much longer though. This summer will see a flood of construction activity.

Is there anything you can't see from up there!? Geez I feel like I'm under constant surveillance by Razz no matter where I go! ;P

They've taken down the wooden boarding around the site with a wooden frame remaining, and a metal fence has been put in. Very mundane, I know. :) But maybe this is a sign that there's going to be some activity finally!

Pardon the shitty iphone pics. :)

IMG_8298.jpg
IMG_8303.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8298.jpg
    IMG_8298.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_8303.jpg
    IMG_8303.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 1,001
The photos are fine - thanks for them - no need to apologize!

Monde advertised that construction was starting in the spring. Then they had their big ground breaking on April 21st but have left the site as is. I was by there yesterday and there was no sign of activity. Spring is almost over and yet, nothing is happening. What are you waiting for Great Gulf? Or did you mean spring 2016?

I want to see this project completed as soon as possible. It's the only building on the waterfront that really interests me.

Monde advertised that construction was starting in the spring. Then they had their big ground breaking on April 21st but have left the site as is. I was by there yesterday and there was no sign of activity. Spring is almost over and yet, nothing is happening. What are you waiting for Great Gulf? Or did you mean spring 2016?

I want to see this project completed as soon as possible. It's the only building on the waterfront that really interests me.
The delay may have been because WT were busily installing new sewer on Bonnycastle Street - I assume this will be the access street for the site. They have just finished and (as noted above) the wooden fence has gone. I predict action!

The delay may have been because WT were busily installing new sewer on Bonnycastle Street - I assume this will be the access street for the site. They have just finished and (as noted above) the wooden fence has gone. I predict action!

The delay is permit related as well. The city has delayed issuing permits cause of the Pan Am Games as they likely want to limit the extent of activity in the area - especially given the athletes village is close by.

Back