Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd Quantum-esque tower @ the n/e corner of Yonge and Eg which is flagged as the site of a future tall tower. Sumptin' like a tall version of Quantum1, flipped 180 degrees to step down from Eglinton, might be nice (see scribble below).

minto3.jpg

I like the shape of your rendering, definitely an imposing sight though would have to disagree on the location, orientation you chose to have a similarly clad tower. I think if there's 3 they all have to be directly beside each other. I was noticing from the pictures above and from personal walk by's that some of the impact of Minto Midtown is reduced because they arent right at the corner of Y & E... but I know that they were built in place of an aging office block

They look rather imposing from Keele and Bloor St too! But you know there's room for at least 10 more towers in a row (North and South) on East side of Yonge St--Art Shoppe, those 3rd rate office buildings, NE corner etc. As Yorkville becomes the new CBD (ie tons of tall towers) perhaps Y+E becomes the new Yorkville?

Anyone living in these towers on UT? Opinions as to quality of workmanship in this development?

Excellent photos, the south tower looks sensational completed. Nicely designed and executed from top to bottom.

I love how the pillars in that colosseum type thingummy around the courtyard space narrow as they rise. Nice detail!

Despite the early design change (curse those nimby's to hades) this is still turning out to be one of the best projects. I was up at Y/E yesterday and was really impressed with the podium and attention to quality. It adds tremendously to the urbanity of the area- a very appropriate and well designed builing for that site.

Anybody know what floor they're up to now?

Despite the early design change (curse those nimby's to hades) this is still turning out to be one of the best projects. I was up at Y/E yesterday and was really impressed with the podium and attention to quality. It adds tremendously to the urbanity of the area- a very appropriate and well designed builing for that site.

Anybody know what floor they're up to now?

What design changes do you mean?

Back