Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

If you look at the latest pictures, you can see that they've gone to narrower floors near the top. I think the last wide floor is the 46th, since the 47th is the "Terrace" floor according to the midtown website. That would indicate that they've just finished floor 51, and have only the top 2 floors remaining.

Of course, all these numbers are high by one since there's no floor 13, but I'm using the numbers Minto uses.

So are they closing their location at Yonge/Eg. for this one slightly south of it? Or are they going to take the Starbucks route and just multiply like some highly-addictive virus....

Gotta go, I just got a strange hankering for some coffee!

OMG, did anyone notice that they've changed the occupancy of the north tower from fall 2008 to summer 2008! I have so much to do to get ready to list my current place, and I'm going to be one of the first to move in. Yikes, I need to get moving!

Mary

OMG, did anyone notice that they've changed the occupancy of the north tower from fall 2008 to summer 2008! I have so much to do to get ready to list my current place, and I'm going to be one of the first to move in. Yikes, I need to get moving!

Mary

What what what?? Summer? Where is this coming from? I just signed a 1-year lease! Ack!

Nowhere official, take a look at the pictures at the top of the page. The new sign for Quantum 2 says occupancy Summer 2008. The previous one said Fall 2008. And further to the point about a high floor, I had already been told when I bought that I'd probably be moving in 2-3 months before the September 30 date because I'm on the lowest floor. So you probably would have been breaking your lease anyway. You might be able to sublet. I'd rather break a lease though than be in my position where if I sell too soon I'll be homeless!

Mary

The entrances aren't hidden, just recessed. That's just to prevent doors from opening directly onto the sidewalk, so that no one gets a door in the face when they walk by.

Panicked too soon. I forgot that I took care of this eventuality; there's an opt-out clause in the final lease. Off-topic though...I'll just go back to admiring the building.

The entrances aren't hidden, just recessed. That's just to prevent doors from opening directly onto the sidewalk, so that no one gets a door in the face when they walk by.

I don't mean hidden as in you literally can't find the door. Or maybe I do...this pic is a good example:

GalleriaMall077.jpg

Take those mingy banners away and you wouldn't even notice there's any stores at all unless you're three feet away. I honestly don't know why this standard of eye level retail frontage in condo bases is accepted seemingly so unquestioned. A block away, Yonge is lined with stores with recessed doors, but you don't have to sneak behind a pillar to enter. Instead of pathetic glass awnings, there could be space for large customizable signs.

The picture is misleading. There are no pillars and the doors are simply recessed.

This is a better representation (although blurrey):

GalleriaMall079.jpg

What's the difference between pillars and granite protuberances? Both result in recessed stores, not just doors.

edit - and as for your pic, that view is seen for a few seconds as you pass by - the angled view is dominant.

Back