Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

Very unique and yet simple design. I like it. It seems also that every unit has their own balcony for more privacy not like most condos today where lot of them are shared with split glass division.

Also why do they need extra security?

I've noticed that 22 Wellesley (a small boutique building) always has two security guards on duty day and night. Increased security must be to help facilitate move-ins. 20 security guards at Minto Midtown does sound excessive though.

i want to know what the current market value of these condos are, anyone know where to find that out, theres nothing listed on mls .......... i think alot of people who bought from last year and back made alot of cha ching!!!!

Anyone who has bought since 1998 has made a lot of cha-ching!!

Until resale's begin to appear on MLS (roughly 10 months after occupancy) there's no way of telling what kind of money these units will be worth on the market. Given the shortage of condos in the Yonge/Eg. area, the desirable location and Minto Midtown being a smashing project, you can expect them to show a healthy return. Ooops, this might be a discussion for the real estate thread.

There were 4 or 5 units in the south tower for sale on mls about 2 months ago, all by the same real estate agent. If I remember correctly there were several 1 bedrooms in the $260s. I don't know how much units in the south tower were, I know that the cheapest one bedroom plus den in the north tower was $227,300 (I bought it :)). My own real estate agent figures it's already worth significantly more. At the Republic on Broadway, the cheapest 1 bedroom+den according to their price list is around $310k for a condo of similar size (maybe 10 square feet smaller).

Hmmmm, guess I took the thread further off topic :).

Mary

Investors are usually drawn to the bright lights, big city action, of downtown. At the worst you may have some 905 parents buying for their 20/30? something kids.

But in the end you never know.

Minto Investors

I think there are some investors, quater of the building probably will be rented out and a bunch of units will be sold once they get title driving down the prices short-term.

^I'd be willing to bet by the time you move in you could sell for at least $50,000 more if you've got a great view. (I know, I know, wrong thread for this).

Minto Rising!!

mintotallvl1.jpg

Back