Hamilton McMaster Graduate Student Residence | 97.9m | 30s | Knightstone | Diamond Schmitt

This is looking great so far! Also is SkyscraperPage done? I'm getting this "The SkyscraperPage Forum database has encountered a problem."
It's been having a lot of technical issues lately. Just have to wait. Another reason I prefer here; the site is more regularly maintained. SkyscraperPage wasn't even a secure site for like years after that became a thing.

Exterior cladding is speeding up quite a bit. For whatever reason another mature tree and possibly more was pulled out along Bay St N for no particular reason at the last leg of this project. No photo of that unfortunately.

View attachment 498660
Got a picture of where the tree used to be. They're forming a new garden bed here, with perhaps a spot for a new tree? But I'm not sure why the tree needed to be replaced. It was healthy and could have been built around

View attachment 498716
I'm not seeing any trees being removed recently on streetview - all the ones that had to come down came down before construction started. I may be missing something of course but the one near the corner has been the only tree since the start of this project as far as I know.

Sidenote, I believe there are 6 or 7 new trees in the landscape plans.

I'm not seeing any trees being removed recently on streetview - all the ones that had to come down came down before construction started. I may be missing something of course but the one near the corner has been the only tree since the start of this project as far as I know.

Sidenote, I believe there are 6 or 7 new trees in the landscape plans.
This is the only new tree taken down so far, but we're weeks away from the landscape plan being done and they for some reason pulled out a mature tree to seemingly make a nicer planter box. It seems wholly unnecessary. The tree was large and actually made the development look great from day 1 with a large treat next to its corner. Now we will have to wait 10-20 years again for a mature tree to be there, assuming the city doesn't fuck it up and let a tree die 5 years into it's existence and then we have to start again.

This is the only new tree taken down so far, but we're weeks away from the landscape plan being done and they for some reason pulled out a mature tree to seemingly make a nicer planter box. It seems wholly unnecessary. The tree was large and actually made the development look great from day 1 with a large treat next to its corner. Now we will have to wait 10-20 years again for a mature tree to be there, assuming the city doesn't fuck it up and let a tree die 5 years into it's existence and then we have to start again.
They took that one down?? That's mildly infuriating

They took that one down?? That's mildly infuriating
Screenshot_20230809-225523.jpg
IMG_20230809_131718.jpg

maybe they wanted more uniform ornamental trees in the front?
I mean, that's a pretty gross reason to rip out a perfectly healthy mature tree.

Sometimes trees need to be removed for various reasons, but here it seems like it was done for some artificial or aesthetic reason.

Hamilton already lacks an urban tree canopy, and it should remove trees sparingly, especially considering LRT will require the removal of likely hundreds of trees.

hamilton wants the entire downtown to look like a sterile commie block lol.. no trees, no aesthetics just lego blocks and endless sidewalk everywhere.. look at vranich's design - nothing but sidewalk all around the buildings lol.. :p

still have no idea what is going on with the cinderblocks in the parking garage window - is that the ramp we are seeing? Is that why it progressively moves down? I just looks strange..

and why do some have weird jutouts on the left hand side? It's all just so strange looking..

from the looks on the right hand side it looks like they may be putting some sort of opaque finish over it..

Back