Toronto Maverick | 154.53m | 49s | Empire | Arcadis

A bit off topic.. but how long do you guys estimate this will take to complete?

I purchased a unit in the adjacent King Blue building on the 28th floor and will be facing directly into Maverick. Wondering when my views (and sunlight) will be blocked out and if it makes sense to sell before.

Actually there are several laws that govern landlords from ousting tenants in Ontario. The law states 120 days notice is required when a property is to be redeveloped. Not pending approval. But approved.

Also, no need to assume. I already stated above I was one of the tenants. There are four residential units here.

LOL I know you're one of the tenants. I was addressing how you pay your rent which is necessary to fully appreciate your situation and understand what the owner can and can't do to get you out. Perhaps things have changed in the meantime. Years ago, you didn't need anything but to inform the tenant months in advance to vacate on such a date under most payment structures.

I even once had a tenant that refused to leave. He took me to the housing tribunal several times proclaiming all his losses with being "forced" to leave. He lost every time and eventually got evicted. It took many more months to finally get him out. So, I can't blame the owner for clearing out the buildings as soon as possible regardless if they are planning to build tomorrow or 5 years from now.

I did, and yes I am clearly not happy, but the fact of the matter is that the site plan and zoning changes are pending. Not approved.

Planned is one thing, being allowed to proceed is another. I am just trying to protect my interests, and not be ousted before my time. That is all.
Where do you see any indication that zoning is still under review? Site Plan Approval certainly is under review still, but Zoning was approved through an OMB hearing in January 2013.

some more renders:

empire-maverick-condos-rendering-1-1030x1028.jpg
empire-maverick-condos-rendering-2.jpg
empire-maverick-condos-rendering-824x1030.jpg

Attachments

• empire-maverick-condos-rendering-1-1030x1028.jpg
    empire-maverick-condos-rendering-1-1030x1028.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 654
  • empire-maverick-condos-rendering-2.jpg
    empire-maverick-condos-rendering-2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 695
  • empire-maverick-condos-rendering-824x1030.jpg
    empire-maverick-condos-rendering-824x1030.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 669
It would look much better if they just had punched windows and not those corner details. The second picture reminds me a bit of 432 Park (NYC).

It would look much better if they just had punched windows and not those corner details. The second picture reminds me a bit of 432 Park (NYC).

Agree on both counts. I doubt we'd ever get something like 432 Park in Toronto. They'd have a fit if someone proposed an actual 426m building downtown.

432 Park is 100 units at 16 FSI. I don't see it being a big deal providing the location is appropriate for a tall tower. We've had projests grow slimmer and taller through public consultation. Most reasonable people living in our high rise nodes are more concerned with a building's size than its height. You have to differentiate the two. They aren't always the same thing especially comparing NYC to Toronto

The average suite at 432 Park Avenue is about 10 times the price of the average Toronto luxury condo, so there's that little issue to overcome as well…

Prices are at $1,200-1,400/sqft, is this really going to get built? Anyone know how sales are going ? (don’t see a thread in the sales section).

Back