Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

I wish we could just 3D print buildings in a fraction of the time it takes to erect them these days. Does anyone have an estimate as to how far away we are where such technology can be used to expedite the construction process?

In general terms, it takes roughly a year from the time they start digging until they get back up to ground level with the foundations and parking garage. Plus complicated project and constricted site. Then all the unanticipated stuff like weather and what have you.

In general terms, it takes roughly a year from the time they start digging until they get back up to ground level with the foundations and parking garage.

Not strictly true - the rule of thumb is one month down and one month up. And that's with a site that's relatively straight forward. They've already gone down three. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at ground level around March

Yup, one month per floor. This one goes for floors deep.

Didn't know that rule of thumb... In reality it usually take a wee bit longer it seems to me. My guess would be April or May at grade. Guess it really depends what issues they run in to along the way. Water seepage, settling, etc.

From earlier this week:
IMG_4287.JPG

IMG_4289.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4287.JPG
    IMG_4287.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,127
  • IMG_4289.JPG
    IMG_4289.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 3,008
From this morning.

IMG_6849.JPG
IMG_6850.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6849.JPG
    IMG_6849.JPG
    644.8 KB · Views: 3,177
  • IMG_6850.JPG
    IMG_6850.JPG
    430.8 KB · Views: 2,087
Is there a first floor floorplan for this? I've been interested in seeing how it connects to the Massey development (or if it doesn't at all).

Is there a first floor floorplan for this? I've been interested in seeing how it connects to the Massey development (or if it doesn't at all).
There is no physical connection between the Massey Tower development and the addition behind Massey Hall. Their basements are being built simultaneously and flank each other, but above grade they will be separate buildings.

Back