Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

I hope they incorporate a hotel into the building because that interior would look incredible as a hotel lobby.

I agree. A nice hotel in the Yonge/Dundas Eaton Center area would be an AMAZING tourist hotel location.... think all the hotels in/around Times Square... they're packed! and awesome!... hotel entrance in front (Yonge street), residential in back.

TonyV;556829 I stumbled across a totally cool residential skyscraper on a trip to Manhattan last April said:
Edit[/B]: got the pic. The building is One Madison Park, designed by Rem Koolhaas. We need something simplistic and skinny like this, on this particular site. But go taller.

One Madison Park Source Wiki.

Yeah..here is another slender new proposed 290 meter condo bldg. for New York City
New York Tower Pushes Slender To New Heights
http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=2926

One Madison Park inspiration is perfect!!! It's tall, slender, and looks like a very private/exclusive building. (thanks to the dark coloured cladding)

These stunning buildings should be used right now, whether for retail, law offices, hotels, or event spaces. I'd be more excited about 10 storeys than 80 if it meant that these beautiful buildings would be fully preserved. But tall and slender buildings are possible, so the best of both worlds may be attainable.

One Madison Park inspiration is perfect!!! It's tall, slender, and looks like a very private/exclusive building. (thanks to the dark coloured cladding)

Crappy floorplans though :(
I like sliver buildings, it would be terrific to see Toronto get a great one this cycle and this location could work on the former Colonial Tavern site. Parking remains a problem unless they could pull off a car-free building like RCMI on University Ave., or a hotel.

Stumbled across a cool (old) photo of these buildings in another thread. I really hope the buildings are retained in their entirety.

ASC09308_jpg_preview.jpg

Credit to thecharioteer:
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/17892-Street-photos-194o-s-to-1980-s?p=552187#post552187

I just noticed this and im sorry if anyone has mentioned this already but this buildings interior was used for a commercial about cough medicine? I think... the one with the spy girl suspended by the roof with all the dogs guarding the place

^
I will start digging for that video, it would be cool to add to this thread.

Also, this didnt occur to me until recently. The architect behind 205 Yonge was E.J Lennox ( Old City Hall, Casa Loma, King Edward Hotel, Stewart Building). Considering E.J Lennox was basically the most prominent/talented architect of old Toronto, I would hope they put priority on 205. Then again i dont think that the architect's name alone is enough to save these buildings. The beard building was toronto's first "skyscraper"...although the word hadnt fully evolved when the building was finished in 94..1894 that is.... Hopefully this piece of toronto history is spared completely

I just noticed this and im sorry if anyone has mentioned this already but this buildings interior was used for a commercial about cough medicine? I think... the one with the spy girl suspended by the roof with all the dogs guarding the place

It's for Rub A35somethingsomething. The muscle pain cream.

Back