Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

Im going to guess it was Steveve who called MaRS today to find out the status of this project? lol

My source is claiming that the only thing happening in September/October is a lobby renovation. Any talk of Phase II starting in Sept/Oct is premature. Guess we just have to wait and see now!

Its starting in September/October for sure. I am going to get more confirmation, then just a friend who works at MARS.

Wesportly wrote

" I was just discussing this with a customer of mine who happens to be a senior project manager with Aecon and he informed me that the project is scheduled to re start in October. I didn't want to press him too hard for further information but it sounds like something to look forward too".

I got the same into that Aecon is the project manager. They expect to be on site in October.

College Park also wrote:

"Expectations are that cranes will be on site again this Fall: the MRI is in advanced discussions with stakeholders. The empty spaces in the building have filled up again, so I suppose the argument to expand is gaining strength".

This is happening folks. October MARS will restart, workers will be on site.

The odd part is, according to this link (which I find is accurate most of the time) there's still quite a bit of space in the heritage building portion:
http://www.realinsite.com/index_en.php?page=buildingdetail&spaceid=13077&backlink=index.php%3Fpage%3Dsearchengine%26view%3D0%26sortby%3D%26type%3D0%26searchby%3Dby_name_full%26address%3D%26action%3D%26street_number%3D%26system%3D0%26location%3D%26building_name%3DCollege%26pagenum%3D2

I can't find info about the other portion of the building ... which is probably more important - anyone have an address?

There's also this article, which seems to indicate Mars is in the progress of negotiating but they wouldn't foreclose anymore information:
http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/06/phase_ii_of_the_mars_development_remains_a_stump/

The project is going to restart in October. Aecon will be on site in October. I believe it is time to take the project off hold for the thread. It starting in October, it is confirmed.

The project is going to restart in October. Aecon will be on site in October. I believe it is time to take the project off hold for the thread. It starting in October, it is confirmed.

*shuts up*

yes sir!

I don't think the thread is going to go off hold until there is proof it is re-starting. But that is very demanding of you. Maybe you should ask one of the admins personally.

I don't think the thread is going to go off hold until there is proof it is re-starting. But that is very demanding of you. Maybe you should ask one of the admins personally.

Or create his own web-site devoted entirely to the non-activity of a dormant construction site.

I am just excited this project is restarting in October. One of the most exciting restarts in this city. And very important for our research base in Toronto.

Back