Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

I like this building so far. However I was walking up the east side of Jarvis from the lake shore yesterday and couldn't help but feel dwarfed by the podium now that it has doubled in length. I didn't realize what a long stretch of unbroken brick wall this will be. Hopefully once it's completed there will be enough retail units and architectural features that will break up the wall and soften its impact on the sidewalk. At the north end it's still very nice.

Hardwood or tiles? what do you prefer for the living and dining area?

Attachments

• market_wharf_201_(4)[1].jpg
    market_wharf_201_(4)[1].jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 230
  • Market_Wharf_301_(2)[1].jpg
    Market_Wharf_301_(2)[1].jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 230
Hardwood or tiles? what do you prefer for the living and dining area?

I personally would prefer hardwood ~ (even if it is laminate wood which is common nowadays)

Tiles are nice, but it feels more like a kitchen + breakfast combination that I associate with single family dwellings rather than condos

I like this building so far. However I was walking up the east side of Jarvis from the lake shore yesterday and couldn't help but feel dwarfed by the podium now that it has doubled in length. I didn't realize what a long stretch of unbroken brick wall this will be. Hopefully once it's completed there will be enough retail units and architectural features that will break up the wall and soften its impact on the sidewalk. At the north end it's still very nice.

hopefully the trees/landscaping will help soften it up a bit..

Does anyone know how many floors got added on June 22 as well what happen to the ramp?? How many units added??
June 30
5892345375_cc38366653_b.jpg

5892349369_3ddf37f4f1_b.jpg

5892917958_541143dab3_b.jpg

5892342881_3457972568_b.jpg

http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/cofa_tey_agenda_22jun11.pdf

To alter the redevelopment plan approved under Site Specific By-law 154-2011 by increasing the height of the
34-storey mixed use building and to alter the slope of the parking ramp of the five-level above grade parking
garage.

REQUESTED VARIANCE(S) TO THE ZONING BY-LAW:
1. Section 2(C), By-law 154-2011
The maximum permitted building height is 110.0 m.
The proposed building height is 110.26 m.
2. Section 4(10)(A), By-law 154-2011
A driveway within a distance of 6 m of a street shall have a maximum slope of 5% (a driveway should
be located no higher or no lower than 0.3 m of the level of the street abutting the driveway).
The proposed driveway has a slope of 7.5% within 6 m of the street.

Hasn't the ramp already been built? It's a minor thing, but it seems kind of cheeky to ask for permission after having made the change

I believe the ramp is most likely the "slope" from the street to the entrance of the garage itself (the pedestrian walkway portion), if what I'm reading is right, 6m from the street.... i think the walkway there is about 20ft wide, and a grade of 0.3m is 30cm, which is very small, so i think it's the slope there and not the actual ramp that goes up to the 2nd floor (that part is already built), but the walkway part is probably not built yet...?

There's a "Request for public art" by Context that was held earlier (deadline was May 15, 2011).

http://www.context.ca/publicart/MW_Public_Art.pdf

I wonder if the winner had been selected or how many applications there were..

There's also a pretty detailed drawing of the ground floor of Market wharf there, there'll be 3 retail shops (one of them is occupied by the sales centre right now, one is shoppers drug mart, the 3rd one I wonder what it'll be?)

Back