Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Doesn't look very attractive at that height, though I'll reserve judgment until we see some more detail.

.. Now that they just plant green glass point towers ad nauseam across the landscape, it's hard to back their designs.

You are sooo right. I’m so sick of seeing so many proposed building in this city clad in glass. Believe it or not, there are other building materials that could be used. Unfortunately they may cost a little more. Just take a drive down the Gardner and try to determine where one building ends and the next begins. it’s a giant sea of glass and aluminum mullions. Sad and very bland.

The pleasant ribbon effect with the balconies will be more pronounced now that the tower is lower and squatter.

Hmm.. Kind of like when you looking at short and stout fellow's belt as opposed to looking at a tall runway model's belt. Oh yes. Now who wouldn't prefer that.

You're all making dire predictions based on a line drawing.

We're not even at the render stage yet!

Don't make me taser you.

It doesn't take a render to tell you that it's a stubby!

Labatts%20Blue.jpg

Despite being quite a bit shorter than the original proposal, I have to say I like this design. Is there anything else planned or built in Toronto like this? This building will stand out for its original (in Toronto) balcony treatment, and will match '25 The Esplanade' and 'London on The Esplanade' in height.

Sure, I would not have minded greater height, but I think that this proposal is about as tall as the City would allow for a building in the St. Lawrence district.

It doesn't take a render to tell you that it's a stubby!

Labatts%20Blue.jpg

OOH BOY! I think I just wet myself. Ok, Ive wiped the tears of laughter out of my eyes. I'm typing.
I think everyone is just spoofing with you Urban Shocker. I know I was.
Ive never seen anything yet from Mr. Clews that that wasn't excellent. This one will be good. I'm sure of it.
That individual's star is still rising.

Back