Toronto Market Street Redevelopment | ?m | 2s | Woodcliffe | Taylor Smyth

^ I love the paving materials used for the sidewalks and road! I think that this should be adopted as the standard for the downtown core beginning with the St Lawrence Market area and eventually other high-traffic area's such as Yorkville which is in desperate need of a makeover.

The city did a great job with the paving and overall urban design. This style of street design with the roadway and sidewalk on the same level should definitely be the standard for streets where pedestrianization is desirable at least some of the time. (Otherwise, there's no point to the level sidewalk and roadway, and the accompanying strip drains and bollards.)

The city did a great job with the paving and overall urban design. This style of street design with the roadway and sidewalk on the same level should definitely be the standard for streets where pedestrianization is desirable at least some of the time. (Otherwise, there's no point to the level sidewalk and roadway, and the accompanying strip drains and bollards.)

Like Yorkville.

Though the scale and architecture of Market certainly helps, this really demonstrates the impact of an attractive and well designed streetscape. Brick paving with a feeling of seamlessness between sidewalks and street, buried utility lines, patios and attractive street furniture all come together and completely transform the scene.

Imagine if Yonge Street looked like this? Imagine if the entire downtown looked like this! It's a pipe dream, but we are finally starting to see some action. I was on Roncesvalles the other day, first time since the makeover, and I think it really looks fantastic. The businesses and street life seem completely rejuvenated since its completion.

Has it been confirmed that the street name is being changed from Market Street?
The name is NOT being changed. The block from The Esplanade to Front will ALSO have a "designation" Paul Oberman Way similarly to Gilda Radner Way on the block of Lombard immediately west of Jarvis.

Patios have been built along the street and looks like Balzac's will be opening soon.

MSMay6.1.jpg

MSMay6.2.jpg

MSMay6.3.jpg

MSMay6.4.jpg

MSMay6.5.jpg

MSMay6.6.jpg

MSMay6.7.jpg

Attachments

• MSMay6.1.jpg
    MSMay6.1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 771
  • MSMay6.2.jpg
    MSMay6.2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 797
  • MSMay6.3.jpg
    MSMay6.3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 777
  • MSMay6.4.jpg
    MSMay6.4.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 771
  • MSMay6.5.jpg
    MSMay6.5.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 938
  • MSMay6.6.jpg
    MSMay6.6.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 769
  • MSMay6.7.jpg
    MSMay6.7.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 773
Thanks Roundabout - looks excellent! Can't wait to see that street treatment extended to Berczy Park and the rest of the neighbourhood.

AoD

Back