Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

It's the latest evolution of that market. Mac's Milk/Beckers then Hasty Market then Rabba and now Longo's. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see some Rabbas closing since Longo's is superior.

At least Rabba has sale items every week. I'd take that over pricey Longos. They didn't even have beans at the Longos on Elizabeth St when I went there a few weeks ago. Beans? Heinz canned beans! One of the most basic grocery items, they do not carry. And when I asked for them, the people working there (who barely spoke English, I might add), didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Just an evolution of the market. None of the other grocery chains have an urban tailored store format, so Longos is alone in this segment. The other chains need to wake up

As a resident of the neighbourhood this Longo's is a welcome addition. Their FCP and Brookfield locations are not full size stores, just their "Market by Longo's" concept. This store will be nearly 50,000 sq ft, far bigger than either of those, or the Sobey's on Queen's Quay, or any Rabba.

Just an evolution of the market. None of the other grocery chains have an urban tailored store format, so Longos is alone in this segment. The other chains need to wake up

Buh? Sobey's has their Urban Fresh brand (Yonge & Wellesley, Bloor & Bathurst), and Loblaw's have their "Market" brand (St Clair & Yonge, Manulife Centre).

I was down there today taking pics for my investor pool, simply amazing Longos will bring alot of traffic and people that ask themselves why dont I live upstairs........very nice indeed

The transformation has been all the more visually dramatic as lots of hoarding has come down. I was driving through the other day with my cousin, who is a downtown kind of gal, but more midtown oriented, and she very abruptly shouted out "Stop the car, where the hell are we..!!.?", in a state of disorientation plus deja vu. Truly amazing transformation.

Today
5039404694_9483d93822_z.jpg

5038783373_4e7e685f9a_z.jpg

5039404286_655881c336_z.jpg

5039403826_ef4db3177a_z.jpg

Back