Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Don't see SouthCore catching on.. too nerdy.

I live/work in the area, and right now it's known as "beside the ACC".
Bet people will end up calling the whole area "York St" or "York & Bremner".

Southcore is only one specific development block: Block 7A/B and 18 York. UT adopted this moniker for the whole area after the 'Southcore Financial Centre' name was announced for that particular block.

My vote goes to "South Central T-Dot". It would give this sterile district some much-needed urban grit.

DomainSouthCentral.jpg

We've got Harbourfront, Downtown, Midtown, Uptown, North Toronto.

Ok.

SoTo. South Toronto. Everything south of the tracks but north of the harbourfront shall be known as SoTo.

Cheers.

Should be SOFO, south of front, NOFO north of front. Just like SOHO based on houston a dividing cross town route for the downtown of Manhattan.

Should be SOFO, south of front, NOFO north of front. Just like SOHO based on houston a dividing cross town route for the downtown of Manhattan.

I first thought SOFO too but realized that to stay consistant with places like SOHO and SOMA that it would have to be SOFR so I just added the 3rd letter of Front and came up with SOFRO! I like it and am gonna use it still it sticks!!!

Ugh. Too many damn Longo's. Another one is opening at FCP too. Does the financial area really need 3 Longo's, and no competition?

Back