Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

In the car, snapped this pic:

3457333585_be06815374_b.jpg

I really like 'The Blue Mile' as a name for the area too. Once the reasoning behind the name is explained to someone, it'll make sense to them forever, which is what makes these kind of things memorable. We just have to get some sports reporters using the term to get it to stick...

Those two Chicago web pages calling it 'The Golden Mile' are mixing together 'The Magnificent Mile' with Chicago's 'Gold Coast' which is just north of it.

We should have the maple leaf and blue jay symbols all over the road (the way the ice looks like just before the leafs arrive).

Too bad the raptors are purple.

We should have the maple leaf and blue jay symbols all over the road (the way the ice looks like just before the leafs arrive).

Too bad the raptors are purple.

the raptors aren't purple anymore. their official colours are: red, black, white and silver. they changed their team colours to better reflect their canadian identity. also because the purple was a little ridiculous.

personally, i think the name of this district, or "mile", should also represent the raptors. they've been around for 15 years now. they have a loyal and large fan base and represent toronto and canada for the entire NBA. remember, the acc was originally constructed for the raptors alone, that is, before they were bought by mlse.

^I think the angle is foolin' yer eyes.

That raised couple of floors is set back...sorta in between the two towers....does not cover the entire podium and is (IIRC) a mechanical building.

I really love the idea of a kind of Toronto sports walk of fame along Bremner!

We could have statues of some of the bigger players, as well as plaques in the sidewalks memorializing some of the cities most famous athletes.

Carter at Bremner and Ress, Bower at York and Bremner (or Lakeshore), Barilko in the middle of Bremner circle! Pinball in the western plaza of the Rogers Centre!

Recent off topic posts have spawned new threads.

If you would like to explore the minutiae of measurement, you can find posts delving into impressions of the Metric and Imperial systems here.

If you would like to ponder our skyline without its most famous erection, you can contemplate the relativity here.

Last edited:

Back