Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

Reminder of what M5V was originally supposed to look like:

m5vcondomag.jpg

hmm, maybe it's just me, but it looks pretty similar so far ...

The colours are a little bit muted I agree - they do stand out better in person ...Regarding the wall of glass on the left side with the colour - it looks like we're getting that - the only difference is instead of seamless glass there's a precast strip separating it from the balconies beside it. I think the balconies will turn out similar i.e. all glass expect for the front - in terms of the red, I'm not even sure what that was suppose to be exactly - anyway that cut out is there as is, not sure if it'll be covered in red, doubt it, maybe something though.

Just because they installed glass there like every other floor, does not mean they're still not going to make it look the way it's shown in renders. We just have to be patient and wait and see.

The red block are the mechanical rooms. I think the red cladding will be some sort of panelled cladding system. Quite sure they will deliver on this.

Why would they cover it with glass to match the rest of the building and then cover it over with the red? It doesn't make sense. So far, I'm disappointed with this building. You can hardly see any of the coloured panels and now it seems like the red glass has been changed to more of the same dull glass. I thought this building would be different and more playful. I hope I'm wrong about the red section. One grey building after another, is seriously starting to get on my nerves. I used to be apathetic towards the colour grey, now I'm starting to hate it! Toronto is becoming the capital of dreary grey. Enough already?

I thought that middle chunk was supposed to be red, but it seems that they've installed glass like the other floors. Am I seeing that right?

Just because they installed glass there like every other floor, does not mean they're still not going to make it look the way it's shown in renders. We just have to be patient and wait and see.

The red block are the mechanical rooms. I think the red cladding will be some sort of panelled cladding system. Quite sure they will deliver on this.

Why would they cover it with glass to match the rest of the building and then cover it over with the red? It doesn't make sense. So far, I'm disappointed with this building. <snip>. I hope I'm wrong about the red sec

M5VNotRed.jpg

What's going on, TAS? Lifetime?

It's quite clear to me that they've axed the LEED-observant red mechanical room in the centre of the tower in favour of more condo units and simply kept the original structural design.

Title card: M5V, from a friendly vantage point:

M5VWhole.jpg

Introduce the players: about to do some arc-welding:

M5VWork.jpg

Introduce a twist; orange and red make a surprising appearance:

M5VRed.jpg

More detail on the context; closer study of the podium :

M5VPodium.jpg

Lightening the mood; colour gives hope

M5VColour.jpg

Climax; M5V triumphs over Charlie's pit:

CharlieM5Vpano.jpg

Denouement; from the east:

M5VfromE.jpg

Thank you!!

That proves it : - ) see you really need to look at this person, the colours look anything but muted in those pictures, so it all comes down to the angle / sun.

Thanks for all the pics.. this one is already looking stunning...loving the coloured glass and the balconies.

Back