Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

It's nice to finally know what the heck is going on here.

It's kind of funny too, because gmoney stated that it's still going to look like the render, yet the planning docs show otherwise. It's unfortunate though, because I think the red part was awesome.

It's kind of funny too, because gmoney stated that it's still going to look like the render, yet the planning docs show otherwise. It's unfortunate though, because I think the red part was awesome.

Ya, they told me it will look like the render. But that could be interpreted in many ways. Maybe they meant something will be red. Who knows. I'd rather trust these scans. Thanks aguduser. Mystery solved.

25 August 2010:

For those planners/city slickers/etc scared of height, I gotta say that the height of this building contrasting to its neighbours is truly startling and awe inspiring! I think it works brilliantly, and brashly says "Welcome to the big city Mr Toronto the Good"--more please!!!

You can clearly see where the red panels are going on the lower part of the cutout. (Gloomy photos here though, as I forgot to change camera settings--too wet to think of stuff like that...)

dsc02656f.jpg

dsc02660x.jpg

Once this building is done, we have Mr Charlie up to bat next! :D

Yeah, I agree, it looks great. Though, because I always have a minor quibble, I wish the coloured panels were a little more noticeable. That is all though.

They are more noticeable in person! Also, when there are curtains up and lights on, the colour should be even more noticeable. It's clear glass, rather than Spire's non-transparent cladding.

The most delightful "coloured panels" I noticed turned out to have the CGC logo on them...

Yeah, we got density.....pic posted by sammo over at SSC....

4960530702_221753c586_b.jpg

Back