Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

thx for all the updates, Solaris....wonderful pics!

August 2 and August 6 Pictures

Wooden panels have been installed in the ground floor units along the east side (August 2):

August 6:

August 6:

Luna balconies

To me the staggered two storey high structural glass pieces in the balcony railing system are a nice feature and go beyond any of the other railing systems at City Place. I don't know what others think but this is my favorite City Place grouping to date.

To me the staggered two storey high structural glass pieces in the balcony railing system are a nice feature and go beyond any of the other railing systems at City Place. I don't know what others think but this is my favorite City Place grouping to date.

I second that.

took this photo over the weekend...

sany1161q.jpg

I'm sure future Luna owners would be delighted to find confirmed info (on-site notice signage) relating to a tower being proposed on the block 31 immediately south of Luna+Luna Vista+Luna Villas ~ :rolleyes:

As of yesterday (Sept 1st) a sign is up for the zoning change for block 31.
43 story tower, 9 story building, 2 schools, daycare, community centre. I belive that this will be built before the other 2 empty cityplace TCHC blocks now.

I love how Luna turned out. The random glass panels, and the curve that continues to the second building look great. I also like how the balconies stick out from the buildings near the side.

Does anyone know why Concord was allowed to pave the rest of North Linear as opposed to the stone seen behind Montage/Neo?

Also, when will that ridiculous fence be removed from underneath Spadina?

Definitely the nicest Cityplace tower, not that's saying much. Also, it looks like Cityplace is getting its own schools. That'll definitely be a plus for residents and the whole area.

Luna is a really nice tower. I also like the podium and the scale in relation to the street. I only wish that it had some more mixture of uses, like ground floor retail, 2nd and 3rd storey offices, and residential above.

The majority of the CityPlace towers look pretty decent when viewed individually, especially all the buildings west of Spadina. It's when they are all grouped together that the monotonous look lowers the overall grade.

The majority of the CityPlace towers look pretty decent when viewed individually, especially all the buildings west of Spadina. It's when they are all grouped together that the monotonous look lowers the overall grade.

Some of the towers look a lot better from particular vantage points. On Luna, the glass panels are a very attractive touch that really makes it stand out, but they're only on one side, so the building might look quite average from some perspectives..

Montage is another case where it has that odd roof element which looks quite dramatic from the south, or like a generic wall looming over it when seen from the north.

Last edited:

Back