Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

You should've checked out the precast going up the north elevation-- it's nice!!!

to add to dt_toronto_geek's excellent update....Lumiere cladding looking real good...pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

20091205085.jpg

20091205087.jpg

Among my favorate cladding (the charcoal cladding on the left) that I've seen in a long time although my crappy temp. camera can't do it justice.

to add to dt_toronto_geek's excellent update....Lumiere cladding looking real good...pics by Jasonzed at SSC....

what is the cladding everyone is referring to? the gray-black brickwork?

are they individually laid bricks or some sort of pre-fabricated system?

It looks like the cladding is up on the north side of the building too, which is nice. I like those vertical lines.
Great photo udpates! Thanks for those.

I think the brick work is actually precast that looks like bricks.

what is the cladding everyone is referring to? the gray-black brickwork?

are they individually laid bricks or some sort of pre-fabricated system?

It could very likely be brick on the south-east corner, I presumed it was a cladding as it has an unusual clean, even look to it. Perhaps someone who lives nearby can confirm?

I was also under-dressed today so after I shot the photos I quickly headed for home and missed the great looking cladding on the north side :(

They are indeed precast panels; not bricks.

However it's hard to tell from photos, they are patterned like bricks. :)

They are indeed precast panels; not bricks.

However it's hard to tell from photos, they are patterned like bricks. :)

New camera within a week, I'm pretty much decided on what I'm going with so much better quality photos coming very soon! Now it's about getting the right price on the body and lenses that I'm after :)

New camera within a week, I'm pretty much decided on what I'm going with so much better quality photos coming very soon! Now it's about getting the right price on the body and lenses that I'm after :)

what camera did you go with?

what camera did you go with?

The Canon EOS Rebel XSI. It was recommended by a respected forum member here and it turns out my best friend has one and he loves it.

With this, Murano, and Burano, Bay Street is finally getting some respectable condo architecture. It's about time.

The streetscape outside Lumiere and its neighbourhing faux-art-deco condos still beats the one at Murano by far, IMO. Murano's awkward and tiny podium is really unfortunate and doesn't have that same chunky, urban feel of Bay and College.

drum118

although your photo updates are much appreciated (as I said in my PM to you which you ignored... politely asking you to shrink your pics), STOP posting 700k pictures when less than 200k is identical screen rez for viewing... your latest post of pictures is nearly 3 megs, which is ridiculous.

Since the mods can't be bothered addressing this waste of bandwidth that clogs threads, I will.

Again, love your pictures... but learn to post appropriate sized pics. If you need a lesson, I'll oblige.

Back