Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

3438867325_261a704a73_b.jpg

surprise

Are you sure about this, Toronto geek? Would be nice if you could post the article here, even though just a para...

Has anyone notice the developer has done something relating to this one the site?

I don't remember this being posted or discussed here. In the 2009 Condominium Builders' Annual it states that Lumiere will be connected to College Park. "Lumiere offers direct access to the College Park subway station and a 24-hour Metro supermarket...."

Perhaps a future connection is planned, but as to date I have not noticed anything happening construction-wise here off the Lumiere site. I'd be skeptical of direct subway access from Lumiere. It is really close though.

Are you sure about this, Toronto geek? Would be nice if you could post the article here, even though just a para...

Has anyone notice the developer has done something relating to this one the site?

I did search online for the article but I could not find it. The Annual Guide was a supplement which came with the last edition of "Condo Guide" wrapped in plastic.
I had a "wha?" moment when I read it, and typed out verbatim to what was printed in the Lumiere section. Am I sure? No. But that's what was published.

Edit: I found the "2009 Condominium Builider's Annual" at the bottom of my recycle bin. Below is a scan of the article, Lumiere is at the bottom. This is a very large file when displayed.
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Last edited:
From the Lifetime Developments section (p.24) of the 2009 Condominium Builders' Annual.

"Lumere offers direct access to the College subway station and a 24 hr. Metro supermarket, plus proximity to universities, Queen's Park, the ROM, AGO, clubs, and shopping [sic]."

Seems like there will be a connection of some sort, but this is probably just marketspeak for "you will have to cross the road to get to the subway." Anyone in CASA remember when it was advertised as a 'steel and glass' tower?

*edit: DT Geek beat me to it.

Because the "Toronto Style debate" is now buried so far in this thread, I wonder if it's still necessary in the thread title...

I was wondering that yesterday as well, but didn't bother to say anything. I figured if the admins/mods want to change it, they will :p

This project went really fast from the proposing to construction phase.

This project went really fast from the proposing to construction phase.

What do you mean? People from this thread says this project has been moving at a snail's pace and I agree with that. Maybe the developer has picked up the speed recently? Have you noticed that?

The initial pace of digging the hole was very slow.

Since the hole was about 1-2 levels off ground the pace of construction has definitely increased to a steady pace.

What do you mean? People from this thread says this project has been moving at a snail's pace and I agree with that. Maybe the developer has picked up the speed recently? Have you noticed that?

It has been slow, but as Lordmandeep suggested it went from sales to construction pretty quick.

Back