Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

wow how things change very quickly ... I was just walking through that now burned walkway yesterday

i wonder how this will affect the construction progress....were there people working on the site today?

I guess construction could be affected temporarily. The fire would have to be investigated. Also a new walkway will have to be rebuilt.

It looks like it was intentional. Or one of the lights caught fire somehow.

A homeless person keeping warm or a purchaser upset at the slow pace of construction?

A homeless purchaser upset at the pace of construction. Spent too much money buying a new place, and ended up behind on their current rent/mortgage. Gotta budget for those occupancy delays.

There were workers back in the pit today, and the crane was moving again. The temporary fencing around the area where the fire was has been removed, so it looks like everything is running again.

There is still a faint charred smell when you pass by, though!

Plenty of workers on site today. They were unloading rebar from a truck when I arrived (crane is carrying in picture).

3289927228_256f3dbef8_b.jpg

thats a pretty neatly organized site and we can see the rebuilt portion of hoarding along the Bay St. side....

thanks P.E. for all the photos today!

Once above the ground, it should be one floor per week, am i too optimistic?
Hope they keep the speed and catch up soon.

thats a pretty neatly organized site and we can see the rebuilt portion of hoarding along the Bay St. side....

thanks P.E. for all the photos today!

Once above the ground, it should be one floor per week, am i too optimistic?
Hope they keep the speed and catch up soon.

If the floorplate is pretty standard, then it should go up quickly.

I would say 1 FL per 2 weeks during the winter to make up for cold delays where they can't pour concrete.

I don't remember this being posted or discussed here. In the 2009 Condominium Builders' Annual it states that Lumiere will be connected to College Park. "Lumiere offers direct access to the College Park subway station and a 24-hour Metro supermarket...."

Huh! Nice catch! No digging under Bay for that yet...

Back