Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Crane going up

Hello. First time poster. I'll spare you the awkward introductory statements and just go straight to the pictures of Lumiere's new crane.

They started putting it up this morning:
2742658324_9584c48a0e_b.jpg

...and they made it this far by the end of the day:
2741822301_17faeb9b94_b.jpg

It does look a bit rusty, doesn't it? Maybe the demand for cranes is so great in Toronto right now, that the suppliers are scrambling to find anything in working order, and we are starting to get towards the bottom of the availability barrel.

Hello. First time poster. I'll spare you the awkward introductory statements and just go straight to the pictures of Lumiere's new crane.

They started putting it up this morning:
2742658324_9584c48a0e_b.jpg

...and they made it this far by the end of the day:
2741822301_17faeb9b94_b.jpg

Excellent first post! Thanks for the photos!

Thanks for all the pics Mike. Was there some sort of solar eclipse downtown today that I didn't hear about?

August 30th

Excellent first post! Thanks for the photos!

Thanks for the great pictures, Casaguy and Mike. It is quite hopeful to see the crane has finally being erected, although the builder just annnouced the project is going to delay for another year until 2010.

With a hole that deep and still that empty there was no way this was ever going to be finished in 2009 anyway. It will likely take them the better part of a year just to get the concrete to ground level.

more pictures

Some pictures I got from internet. Obviously they were taken before Casaguy's crane ones....

Attachments

• photograph_lumiere_2008_08_27_3402.jpg
    photograph_lumiere_2008_08_27_3402.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 194
  • photograph_lumiere_2008_08_27_8263.jpg
    photograph_lumiere_2008_08_27_8263.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 222
  • thumb-rendering_lumiere_3156.jpg
    thumb-rendering_lumiere_3156.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 233
i was just reviewing the pricelist and the floorplans in Lumiere when they were selling units back then. it's quite shocking to see the market take off in such a short amount of time. i remember going to the model suite and I was presented with a ~700sqft penthouse suite for roughly 285k. almost everything was upgraded (granite counters, 9ft ceiling, engineered hardwood, dishwasher/fridge integrated into the cabenetry, marble counters in bath).

compare it now to something close-by like units in CP3:Aura or resale in CP1+2...

i was just reviewing the pricelist and the floorplans in Lumiere when they were selling units back then. it's quite shocking to see the market take off in such a short amount of time. i remember going to the model suite and I was presented with a ~700sqft penthouse suite for roughly 285k. almost everything was upgraded (granite counters, 9ft ceiling, engineered hardwood, dishwasher/fridge integrated into the cabenetry, marble counters in bath).

compare it now to something close-by like units in CP3:Aura or resale in CP1+2...

Congradulation if you have bought one...just hope they can finished this project as soon as promised. Not surprised the developer, Mekens has been light-hearted on this project, its Four Season at Yorkville has recently become a hotspot and they just released the show room for a $30 million penhouse with 9,000 sqt, the truely most expensive one in Toronto and Canada.

Back