Toronto LTD Condos | ?m | 15s | Malibu Investments | RAW Design

You might be right. From what I remember, there's a small cement plant on that site. But I don't remember any warehouse there (which is going by JanneClaude's first post), the only ones south of the railway and north of Lakeshore being the old Loblaw's building and the Amsterdam building.

Lakeshore is a Road in Mississauga.

Lake Shore is a Boulevard in Toronto.

Anyhoo, it is rather confused writing. If the project is north of Malibu, then the podium warehouse will be moved from somewhere else, and that would be odd, OR the project is east of Malibu, and the Loblaws planned for the site has been cancelled.

Is that the one for Amsterdam Beer?

I won't miss it. The Loblaw's warehouse, on the other hand, is a keeper, especially the front third.

I don't recall if it is Amsterdam Beer. I do remember it has big windows which is a feature to which the article referred. That would put it in the Railway Lands, no? Agreed that the article is very confusing.

I hope it's not the Loblaws warehouse, since I was really looking forward to that Loblaws! It's sure taking long enough to build, though. Is it still in that fight with the city over the advertising billboard.

The city had agreed that they could put the billboard back up after taking it down during reconstruction. Maybe this Loblaws has been lost to the company's recent financial trouble. Possibly it was deemed too much to have two very expensive projects in central Toronto at the moment, and Maple Leaf Gardens was the one they decided to keep.

That's just me speculating, and I hope I'm wrong. I wanted to see that become a Loblaws too.

Luna Ltd proposed up the street was first to come to mind.

Picked up a condo guide ...

"Architects Alliance delivered a design that blends the brick and huge windows of old Toronto warehouses"

...no mention of 'the warehouse' or 'incoporates'

Right - the exact wording from the article is:

Architects Alliance delivered a design that blends the brick and huge windows of old Toronto warehouses that make up the lower podium with a soaring mid-rise.

So, that could be read as meaning that the podium will constructed in the style of Toronto warehouses (namely the one across the street that Loblaws owns or owned). Doing it that way would mean a condo on the west side of Bathurst would fit in with 'the neighbourhood'.

I look forward to further solid information and renderings for this one!

Luna Ltd proposed up the street was first to come to mind.

Picked up a condo guide ...

"Architects Alliance delivered a design that blends the brick and huge windows of old Toronto warehouses"

...no mention of 'the warehouse' or 'incoporates'

It's a good job that someone here is a careful reader - thanks maestro for making sense.

From what I have heard, the second phase of Malibu is supposed to go up north of what is being completed right now - on the west side of Bathurst.

This would be on the north side of Malibu, west side of Bathurst St.

Don't think it can be a very big building.

DSCN1060.jpg

^That never stopped anyone. ;)

My answers have been tentative over whether this is the location for LTD, but I do know that there is a plan for building on this Bathurst site eventually.

You can see the location of all future Ft. York phases behind Malibu and West Harbour City's 2 towers... along with Neptune (lit). There's a medium-rise north of Malibu 1 and a high rise further north.

FortY.jpg

Photo credit: sorry, unknown

Yes, this is the site directly north of Malibu 1. Not sure of the status of the Loblaws these days...they weren't very happy with the access restrictions the city was imposing due to construction of dedicated streetcar lanes on Bathurst.

Back