Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

It is. But a bike track on the sidewalk creates a visually wider realm for pedestrians with that buffer away from the road.

View attachment 117648

View attachment 117647

The sidewalk itself is still being widedened in addition to the bike lane. Remember, that this road felt like a highway and was barely used at all by pedestrians. What an upgrade!

I just hate that these renderings always show trees at 20+ years of age. It'll still look new and scrubby for a bit.

I just hate that these renderings always show trees at 20+ years of age. It'll still look new and scrubby for a bit.

The trees in the rendering are about 7-10 years old. Look at the trees at Sugar Beach. They have thick trunks like that already.

This is what 20 year old trees look like:

CW%20design%20comp.jpg

The trees in the rendering are about 7-10 years old. Look at the trees at Sugar Beach. They have thick trunks like that already.

This is what 20 year old trees look like:

CW%20design%20comp.jpg

At twenty years, the boardwalk boards should look darker with rotting wood. Unless they replaced at before the twenty year point, but which wouldn't be done because of continuing budget cuts twenty years from now.

Now to get the streetlight post relocated at Bay so they can build rest of the curb and new sidewalk.

Then there is the relocation of the traffic control box and traffic light to finish off the curb and sidewalk at York.

Once they get these 2 lanes open, then traffic will be shift to allow the north sidewalk to be rebuilt and repairing the existing 2 lanes. All 4 lanes will have a fresh top coat of asphalt once everything is done.

Slowly it coming together and could be completed before Dec, subject to weather.

What will the limits of the cycle path on Harbour Street be? Simcoe to Yonge? It's so close to Queen's Quay anyways.
York to Bay only as there is no room for both at Simcoe

What will the limits of the cycle path on Harbour Street be? Simcoe to Yonge? It's so close to Queen's Quay anyways.

York to Bay only as there is no room for both at Simcoe

I love cycle tracks/bike trails, but I'm stupefied by the decision to add this for a short block when we already have the MGT on Queen's Quay. Not sure what the logic was, here. The MGT is an excellent piece of infrastructure since the revitalization, people can easily just head up/down on York/Bay and either ride across on the street or walk their bike 30 seconds.

I love cycle tracks/bike trails, but I'm stupefied by the decision to add this for a short block when we already have the MGT on Queen's Quay. Not sure what the logic was, here. The MGT is an excellent piece of infrastructure since the revitalization, people can easily just head up/down on York/Bay and either ride across on the street or walk their bike 30 seconds.

Because too much of a good thing is not really a thing?

Aug 13
By the end of the month, about 90% of the New Harbour St Lanes will be pour from Simcoe To Bay.

This week will see the curb pour between York and Simcoe and this include the current lane east of Simcoe, block off to Traffic. They are going to pour around the hydro box and this starting to kill things.

As you can see in the photo looking east from Simcoe St, this is a very narrow area to the point you can't have a cycle lane.

Now they have built a ramp over the new pour curb on York St, they can finish to where it will join the new curb. Once this is done, new post support can be pour to support the new location of the southbound traffic light as well the new eastbound

Still haven't got the expansion joint in place yet to complete the ramp. Didn't take a look at the curb for the guard railing as its a few weeks away. Not enough retaining wall material on site to start on it and looks like September at this time.

A few photos as I have to start on the one I shot to day in order as a taste.
35747511473_086bccf800_b.jpg

36159812890_6e0c2bfe7f_b.jpg

36159810720_ed6afc9ef0_b.jpg

36159806450_a95e75ef02_b.jpg

That pillar jutting out seems unnecessary given the new configuration. It also prevents them from moving the roadway to give enough sidewalk space next to the garage. That pinch point is going to be problem until they knock down the garage some day.

At twenty years, the boardwalk boards should look darker with rotting wood. Unless they replaced at before the twenty year point, but which wouldn't be done because of continuing budget cuts twenty years from now.

What boardwalk? It doesn't exist today. Perhaps the rendering is accurate in suggesting it would be new in 20 years since that is when it will finally be installed?

Back