Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that it is not straight? Any idea how much extra distance it adds to the walk by being curved?
FFS. I think that is the whole point of this bridge - it's for wandering and meandering and looking at the view (and being quite beautiful to look at.)

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that it is not straight? Any idea how much extra distance it adds to the walk by being curved?
Probably adds like 15 metres (50 ft). Straight span is 100m. The added distance is less than crossing most of the Villiers Island ROWs. Still a lot shorter than walking via Cherry St.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 101022.png

Screenshot 2024-07-05 101151.png

FFS. I think that is the whole point of this bridge - it's for wandering and meandering and looking at the view (and being quite beautiful to look at.)
I mean, we could have wound up with a hideous monstrosity like the bridge over the tracks in Liberty Village. 😂

Am I wrong in thinking the curve is meant to evoke the new curved path of the river? And the original curving shape of the Don before it was straightened? Urban design cohesiveness, what a concept eh.

Last edited:
Am I wrong in thinking the curve is meant to evoke the new curved path of the river? And the original curving shape of the Don before it was straightened? Urban design cohesiveness, what a concept eh.

The reasons given in the presentation:

1720193327283.png

Those sitting areas look so lovely and inviting. It's gonna be a great hangout space also

Back