Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

...I'm pretty sure whatever they end up naming it someone will complain about it. /shrug

Reactions: PL1
Tuesday morning (cell pic) overview.

IMG_3759.jpeg

IMG_3762.jpeg

IMG_3763.jpeg

IMG_3764.jpeg

Judging by the pairs of hooks, I’m going with the city’s largest swing set. 😃

IMG_3768.jpeg

IMG_3769.jpeg

Several men working within a deep hole to the right of the dragonflies…

IMG_3770.jpeg

Paved pathways GALORE.

IMG_3772.jpeg

IMG_3773.jpeg

Facing SE towards the river…

IMG_3771.jpeg

You take the high road and I’ll take the low road…

IMG_3774.jpeg

IMG_3775.jpeg

Plenty of plant people doing their plant people work (with the massive ship in the distance).

IMG_3776.jpeg

Unplugged?

IMG_3778.jpeg

Details matter…(finishing touches next to ‘Orange’).

IMG_3779.jpeg

Last edited:
Great pix! I love that the view of the skyline from the Red Bridge is becoming an iconic place to take an ‘I was here!’ photo! This is one taken yesterday of my aunt and uncle.

Btw I have never seen The Portlands so busy with cyclists and walkers! Thousands!

IMG_4531.jpeg

So with regards to the filling in of lower Parliament in the above pictures, is the goal to fill the whole thing in and then build another tower on top of the fill? Or just fill up to the current wall?

Great shots!

I'll need to send the drone up this weekend to see if indeed the water is flowing in through what looks to be an unplugged section.

Shame we can't explore any of this new stuff for a full year still but 2025 will be a big one. This plus the Eglinton LRT will finally be finished.
Agree about your first points but it is clearly open, a bit. Probably not much below water but ...

Your second point is more questionable, the Eglinton East LRT MAY be open, or maybe not.

They're filling the slip up to the current sea wall, so it will go straight across from Sugar Beach to Keating Channel. But I don't think a tower will go right there, that's the spot for some sort of cultural/recreational use, and the landing for the pedestrian bridge to the big park. Though they threw some confusion on this recently, that I'm not sure was specifically resolved:

I believe it is largely being done to connect Queen's Quay to Cherry.

Back