Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Yes, I avoided seeing it for many years and only did so (n bits and pieces) in the late 1990s when my sister was staying at the Von Trapp Family Lodge in Vermont and it was on a continuous loop in their lobby and other public places!
I met the true Maria Von Trapp at Trapp Family Lodge when I was a kid. She used to take pix with visitors. I expected Julie Andrews. The real woman was an elderly hausfrau in some kind of dirndl. I was traumatized. Lol

I didn't get a photo, but I believe they were pouring concrete on the Lake Shore bridge yesterday morning. I noticed a concrete pump in that location, as I went from the DVP to Gardiner.

Not sure if related or not, but there seem to be 3 big concrete 'spills' on the southbound DVP these past few days. Brushed onto the shoulder where the hardened concrete piles still remain and concrete smeared across all lanes in certain locations. Concrete trucks overfilled? Leaves a rather permanent mess.

Not sure if related or not, but there seem to be 3 big concrete 'spills' on the southbound DVP these past few days. Brushed onto the shoulder where the hardened concrete piles still remain and concrete smeared across all lanes in certain locations. Concrete trucks overfilled? Leaves a rather permanent mess.
Something similar on Lake Shore just east of Leslie the other day too. The City had trucks and scrapers out trying to tidy up for several hours.

Something similar on Lake Shore just east of Leslie the other day too. The City had trucks and scrapers out trying to tidy up for several hours.

Another big concrete spill on Eglinton Eastbound just east of Don Mills. What's going on with all these concrete spills all of a sudden???

I have been told that the City and/or WT are FINALLY going to deal with the west side of Cherry St between Polson Street and the Ship Channel. This has been a blocked-off dead work-site for many months and cyclists and pedestrians have had to cross and re-cross Cherry to avoid it (or have walked on the street).

The work will now, apparently, start next week - no idea of how long it will take but it looks simple to tidy it up. You can bet that if vehicles had been inconvenience this work would not have been allowed to go on pause! Despite all the talk, some parts of the City bureaucracy are not very interested in pedestrians & cyclists!

Two screen captures from https://twitter.com/TheRockRipper Well worth looking at sometimes, that's one smart and witty machine!

The new debris area at south end of the Don:

Debris area.jpg

and another of the crane - which I hope will be repainted!
Crane.jpg

Aug 6
Late to the show, but just finished tagging them as they are part of my backlog. More up on my site
53148668916_9a7eac4e3c_b.jpg

53148092662_bda40ffdb9_b.jpg

53148669481_d22c583101_b.jpg

53148669486_f0dc34b8ab_b.jpg

53148669556_9c12b60d2b_b.jpg

53149103820_c90ff88181_b.jpg

53148670191_c5f390af55_b.jpg

53148876429_82e585bfdc_b.jpg

Info on Keating Channel Bridge. Cost apparently being paid by Govt of Canada so it may actually happen!

I think this team is pretty much the ones that gave us these current bridges:

Lead Firm: Entuitive
Engineer: Schlaich Bergermann Partner
Architect: Grimshaw Architects
Architect & Indigenous Consultant: Two Row Architect
Landscape Architect: O2 Planning + Design with Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates

AoD

Back